Match Preview: AC Milan – Salzburg Predictions and Betting Tips 02.11.2022
Match Preview: AC Milan – Salzburg Predictions
AC Milan – Salzburg Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for November 2, 2022.
League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 6
Match: 21:00 AC Milan – Salzburg
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
AC Milan – Salzburg Predictions and PREVIEW
- This is set to be one of Wednesday’s standout UEFA Champions League (UCL) ties as both AC Milan and Salzburg clash in a straight shootout to secure second place in Group E and a place in the knockout round of the competition. On seven points, the hosts hold a one-point advantage over the visitors but the pressure has been cranked up on Milan after a costly 2-1 defeat away to Torino last weekend forced manager Stefano Pioli to come out and insist his men were not distracted by this up-and-coming decisive clash.
- That defeat ended a run of three straight competitive victories and now Milan face the prospect of losing two straight matches for the first time since April 2021. Adding to this fear is the fact Milan’s last four competitive home matches have fluctuated between wins and losses – the most recent being a 4-1 win over Monza! They are unbeaten in their last eight European games against Austrian opponents though (W6, D2), which includes a 1-1 in the reverse, and a repeat of that result here would secure their place in the next round.
- Salzburg bounced back from last week’s 2-1 home UCL defeat to Chelsea by securing a slender 1-0 win over Hartberg, leaving them two points clear at the top of the Austrian Bundesliga table. They’re hoping to make the round of 16 for a second successive season, yet to do so they need to end a six-game winless run on the road in this competition (D3, L3), with their last away success coming in the qualification phase against Brøndby back in August of last year.
- Despite that unremarkable record, away form on the whole for Matthias Jaissle’s men has been impressive this season and they’ve not tasted defeat in any of their last nine competitive outings (W7, D2). The last three in that run saw them score inside 15 minutes, so don’t be shocked to see the Red Bulls fly out of the blocks in this one.
- Players to watch: Milan’s Brahim Díaz looks to have hit a new gear this season, he’s already matched last season’s Serie A goal tally (four) and boasts three goals across his last three competitive home matches. His opponent Junior Adamu is a dangerman on the road, scoring five goals in his last four away matches for Salzburg across all competitions.
- Hot stat: Milan could score 4+ goals in consecutive UCL matches for the first time since 2004.