Match Preview: Empoli – Sassuolo Predictions and Betting Tips 05.11.2022
Match Preview: Empoli – Sassuolo Predictions
Empoli – Sassuolo Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for November 5, 2022.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 13
Match: 15:00 Empoli – Sassuolo
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Empoli – Sassuolo Predictions and PREVIEW
- Empoli lost 2-0 to Atalanta last weekend leaving them five points above the relegation zone. Coach Paolo Zanetti candidly discussed the importance of the task in hand afterwards, stating his side must make sure to “leave three teams behind” and treat the looming relegation battle like their own Scudetto pursuit. As his team looks to bounce back from successive losses, there’s a proud record of not losing three consecutive SA games since December 2018 on the line.
- There’s also the danger of failing to score in consecutive home SA games for the first time since November 2016, although they have blanked in just one of their last ten SA games against Sassuolo (W4, L6). They’ll hope they can continue that strong scoring run here as they aim to improve on a record of three defeats in their last four SA games at Carlo Castellani (W1).
- A caveat to that run is that each of those losses did come against current top-four sides, which is something the 11th-placed visitors aren’t, and Sassuolo are coming off a tough stretch of results themselves, losing three of their last four (W1). They are four points above their hosts and with a home game against top-four chasing Roma coming up, a loss here could increase concerns that they could get dragged closer towards the bottom three.
- No doubt feeling the sting of losing key forward Gianluca Scamacca in the summer, scoring goals has been one of Sassuolo’s biggest issues this season. Their 14 goals after 12 SA games is their lowest return at this stage since 2017/18, and their form on the road has played a big part in that, scoring just four away SA goals all season. As a result, it’s tough to see a repeat of their joint-biggest ever away SA win which came at this venue last season (5-1).
- Key battle: Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario has conceded six goals in his last two SA games, the same number as in his previous two matches against Sassuolo. Davide Frattesi could be itching to take advantage having scored Sassuolo’s opener with three of his last four SA goals.
- Hot stat: Sassuolo have conceded eight of their last 11 SA away goals before half-time.