Match Preview: Sassuolo – AS Roma Predictions and Betting Tips 09.11.2022
Match Preview: Sassuolo – AS Roma Predictions
Sassuolo – AS Roma Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for November 9, 2022.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 14
Match: 18:30 Sassuolo – AS Roma
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Sassuolo – AS Roma Predictions and PREVIEW
- A lone shot on target turned out to be enough for Empoli to beat Sassuolo last weekend, as Alessio Dionisi‘s men sank further into mid-table mediocrity on the back of four defeats in their last five Serie A (SA) matches (W1). What Dionisi called a “superficial” performance was a hardly ideal preparation for a clash with top-four contenders Roma, who Sassuolo have beaten just once in the last nine home top-flight H2Hs (D3, L5).
- Sassuolo celebrated a 2-1 comeback win over Hellas Verona in their last home outing, but they are yet to win consecutive matches here this term (W3, D1, L2). Inconsistency remains their biggest issue under Dionisi and perhaps explains their mid-table position, as Sassuolo have put together winning streaks of at least two matches on just three occasions since his arrival in summer 2021!
- Roma weren’t able to follow up on securing their top-two group stage spot in the UEFA Europa League as they suffered a 1-0 SA defeat against fierce city rivals Lazio at the weekend. It was a third 1-0 home loss against top-four opposition in their last four home matches and even José Mourinho admitted in the aftermath that the Giallorossi are ‘lacking quality that can make the difference in attack’ as his side slumped to a fourth blank of the SA season.
- The Portuguese coach described Lazio‘s strike as a ‘half-goal’, but irrespective of how Mourinho perceives the goal, the fact remains that his side missed the chance to cement a spot in the top four. A return to the road may be timely then, with Roma winning four consecutive SA away matches for the first time since summer 2020, despite three of those matches peculiarly seeing a 1-1 scoreline at half-time.
- Players to watch: Sassuolo‘s Hamed Junior Traorè has scored after the break in each of the previous two home H2Hs, but is yet to win a personal meeting with Roma (D3, L3). Looking forward to this clash could be visiting Bryan Cristante who has found the net in both of last season‘s meetings, and has scored five career goals against Sassuolo – his personal best.
- Hot streak: Roma have won each of the six SA matches in which they have opened the scoring this season.