Match Preview: Burnley – Blackburn Predictions and Betting Tips 13.11.2022
Match Preview: Burnley – Blackburn Predictions
Burnley – Blackburn Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for November 13, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 21
Match: 13:30 Burnley – Blackburn
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Burnley – Blackburn Predictions and PREVIEW
- Perhaps never has an East Lancashire Derby had more at stake than this one, with both Burnley and Blackburn vying against each other for the automatic promotion places. After having their remarkable 16-match unbeaten league run ended by Sheffield United in embarrassing circumstances last weekend, Burnley manager Vincent Kompany insisted his side will use that 5-2 defeat as “fuel” to bounce back.
- The Clarets have enjoyed this fierce derby in recent history, winning the last four on the bounce, so may fancy their chances of extending their run as the only Championship side yet to taste a home league defeat this season (W6, D4). Two stoppage-time winners have secured Burnley victories in their last two home league outings, and while they’ll hope not to leave it so late this time around, drawing at half-time in seven of their ten home league outings (HT: W2, L1) suggests they just might.
- If Burnley come into this mammoth clash on a downer, then Blackburn almost certainly don’t, after securing a 1-0 Championship victory against Huddersfield which moves them within striking distance of the Clarets. After the ‘bubble’ for visiting fans travelling to this fixture was lifted, a capacity away end will roar them on at Turf Moor hoping to see an improvement on just four victories from their ten away league outings this season (L6).
- The first goal could be key to deciding the winner of this clash, as the side scoring first has gone on to win each of Blackburn’s away league games this season, largely due to the fact only one of those ten has seen both teams score! And whilst Blackburn have only scored four goals in their last nine Championship away trips, each of those strikes arrived before the 20-minute mark so we might see Rovers aim to fly out of the traps in a potentially heated contest.
- Players to watch: No one will want to secure a derby win more than boyhood Burnley fan Jay Rodriguez who gets his first taste of an ‘East Lanclasico’ having scored in three of the Clarets’ last four home league games. Matching him stride-for-stride in the race for the golden boot, Blackburn’s Ben Brereton Díaz comes into his first East Lancashire derby on the back of the game winner against Huddersfield.
- Hot stat: Burnley’s ten home league games this term have averaged three goals per game.