Match Preview: France – Denmark Predictions and Betting Tips 26.11.2022
Match Preview: France – Denmark Predictions
France – Denmark Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for November 26, 2022.
League: WORLD CUP – ROUND 2
Match: 17:00 France – Denmark
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview France – Denmark Predictions
- From conceding first within the opening ten minutes to scoring 4+ goals in their opening game of a World Cup for the first time since a 7-3 win against Paraguay in 1958, France had a stunning reversal of fortunes during their 4-1 victory over Australia on Tuesday. Les Bleus could hardly have dreamt of a better start in the competition since the goalless draw between Denmark and Tunisia means they’re the sole leader of Group D at the end of matchday one, and another victory here against the Danes would ensure their qualification for the knockout stages with one game to spare.
- To achieve that, manager Didier Deschamps stated that his team will have to “play a big game”, and for good reason. The defending world champions have lost the previous two H2Hs with Denmark in the Nations League earlier this year, whilst being shut out the last two times they met in the World Cup (D1, L1). Though for French fans believing in omens, another triumph could see excitement bubble over as Les Bleus have won the competition on the last two occasions they avoided defeat to Denmark in the World Cup group stage in 1998 (2-1) and 2018 (0-0)!
- After a near-perfect qualifying campaign (W9, L1), in which they scored three goals-per-game on average, Denmark wouldn’t have expected to be so goal-shy against Tunisia in their World Cup opener (0-0). That led to Rød-Hvide coach Kasper Hjulmand stating that progression “will be more complicated”, but he remained positive, adding “it’s not over, we still have a chance”. All hopes are permitted, if you consider that five of the six teams that started the competition with a draw in the 2018 edition qualified for the knockout stages.
- Denmark have avoided defeat in their second group stage game across their previous five World Cup appearances too (W2, D3), with all three draws seeing them score first within the opening 16 minutes. Boosting confidence further is the fact the Danes won their previous World Cup game against a reigning world champion – a 2-0 triumph over France in 2002!
- Players to watch: Scorer of a brace in France’s opening match against Australia, in-form Olivier Giroud would overtake the legendary Thierry Henry (51 goals) as France’s all-time top scorer, with another goal here. Meanwhile, Denmark will hope Joakim Mæhle can find the net, given he has led his nation to victory in his nine goalscoring international matches.
- Hot stat: Nine of the previous 12 H2Hs have witnessed the victorious side score two goals precisely.
- World Cup trivia: France have failed to qualify for the knockout stages only once after winning their World Cup opening match, and that was back in 1930!
Match Preview: Denmark - Finland Predictions and Betting Tips 23.03.2023
Match Preview: Sierra Leone - Sao Tome and Principe Predictions and Betting Tips 22.03.2023
Match Preview: Farnborough - Slough Predictions and Betting Tips 21.03.2023
Match Preview: Swansea - Bristol City Predictions and Betting Tips 19.03.2023