Match Preview: Iran – USA Predictions and Betting Tips 29.11.2022
Match Preview: Iran – USA Predictions
Iran – USA Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for November 29, 2022.
League: WORLD CUP – ROUND 3
Match: 20:00 Iran – USA
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Match Preview Iran – USA Predictions
- History beckons for Iran at the FIFA World Cup as they aim to progress to the knockout stages for the first time in their history. Achieving that would be monumental especially given the extraordinary backdrop to their campaign as rising tension in the country continues to prove divisive amongst both the players and the fans; often evident during the pre-match national anthem.
- Not dismayed by their 6-2 defeat to England, Iran bounced back with a brilliant late show to beat Wales last time out, handing them their first-ever World Cup victory over European opposition. Repeating the act against the United States will guarantee progression, although a draw would be enough if Wales fail to beat England in the group’s other contest. In pursuit of that goal, Carlos Queiroz’s side have some history in their favour as Iran’s first win on the World Cup stage came back in 1998 against none other than the USA.
- Gregg Berhalter’s men arrive into this crunch clash in good spirits though, as the Stars and Stripes produced another impressive display to hold England to a goalless draw. Much like their opponents, victory here would send the USA into the knockout stages of the World Cup, but only a win will do. Progression is something they’ve managed in each of their last two finals appearances, although they were knocked out in the last 16 on both of those occasions.
- With a first-ever victory over Iran being a necessity (D1, L1), it’s worth noting USA have lost their winning touch of late and are without a victory since June’s success against Grenada (D4, L1 since). Goals have been the main stumbling block, netting just twice in those five games, including a stoppage-time equaliser against minnows El Salvador.
- Players to watch: Iran winger Ali Gholizadeh is without an international goal since November 2021, but he saw one disallowed against Wales and was a constant threat. He’s also never lost when getting on the scoresheet for his country (W4, D1). Standing in his way may well be USA skipper Tyler Adams who has earned rave reviews for his performances at the World Cup; the Stars and Stripes have lost just once when he’s worn the armband (W4, D5).
- Hot stat: The USA have won just two of their last 14 World Cup matches (D6, L6).
- World Cup trivia: Mehdi Taremi’s penalty against England was the latest goal in regular time of a World Cup game, arriving in the 103rd minute. They also scored in the 98th and 101st minute versus Wales!