Match Preview: Poland – Argentina Predictions and Betting Tips 30.11.2022
Match Preview: Poland – Argentina Predictions
Poland – Argentina Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for November 30, 2022.
League: WORLD CUP – ROUND 3
Match: 20:00 Poland – Argentina
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Match Preview Poland – Argentina Predictions
- The good times are rolling for Poland after Robert Lewandowski netted his first World Cup goal in a 2-0 victory over Saudi Arabia on Saturday. Defying expectations by sitting top of Group C, they now need just a point against Argentina to guarantee round-of-16 progression while a win will see them top a group stage for the first time since 1982, a campaign which saw them finish third!
- Such ambitions may require an improvement on the scoring front as Poland have managed just four goals across their last six games. Though their frontline deficiencies have been disguised by a fierce defence that’s managed four clean sheets in a row and another here would be historic, as Poland have never kept a shutout against Argentina in 11 previous matches (W3, D2, L6).
- Some described Argentina’s 2-1 opening-matchday defeat to Saudi Arabia as the “greatest upset in World Cup history” and despite bouncing back in a 2-0 victory over Mexico last time out, Argentina could face elimination unless they win here. The talismanic Lionel Messi provides Albiceleste fans undying belief however, and his long-range strike in their win on Saturday means he’s now the oldest and youngest player to both score and assist in a single World Cup game since 1966.
- With this likely to be Messi’s ‘last dance’ on the global stage, Argentina will hope they can make it out of the group and rekindle hopes of adding a first-ever World Cup title to his glittering trophy cabinet. Another strong start may go some way to settling the nerves, with no side able to net first against Argentina since November 2020, but with dramatic upsets narrating a fascinating World Cup we should perhaps expect this to be a tense affair regardless!
- Key battle: Aiming to become only the fourth goalkeeper this century to record a hat-trick of group stage shutouts, Wojciech Szczęsny saved a penalty in Poland’s win over Saudi Arabia, meaning he’s now saved 13 penalties from the 38 he’s faced since the start of 2018/19 – a whopping 34.21%! He’ll face Juventus teammate Ángel Di María, who has seen Argentina lose only once when he’s assisted or scored (W35, D2), though that was in the last World Cup.
- Hot stat: Since the 1970 edition, Argentina have had only one goalless draw in World Cup group stage games.
- World Cup trivia: The youngest coach at a World Cup was Juan Tramutola, who was just 27 when he led Argentina in the 1930 edition.