Match Preview: Costa Rica – Germany Predictions and Betting Tips 01.12.2022
Match Preview: Costa Rica – Germany Predictions
Costa Rica – Germany Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for December 1, 2022.
League: WORLD CUP – ROUND 3
Match: 20:00 Costa Rica – Germany
Tip: Under 4.5 Goals
Match Result: Pending
Match Preview Costa Rica – Germany Predictions
- A surprise 1-0 victory over Japan saw Costa Rica blow World Cup Group E wide open and left coach Luis Fernando Suárez insisting his side can still “dream”. That result leaves Los Ticos’ qualification task appearing relatively straightforward, needing just a victory in their final group game to assure progression, though the sight of four-time World Cup winners Germany standing in their way might muddy the waters.
- A draw could well be enough to qualify, but thanks to a 7-0 hammering by Spain in their opening group game leaving their goal difference in tatters, they would need the Spanish to beat Japan too. They’ll need to be wary of a repeat of these two sides’ only prior meeting in the 2006 World Cup curtain raiser, which Costa Rica lost 4-2, as it would completely end their hopes of securing only a third-ever progression beyond the World Cup group stages.
- After their humiliating group stage exit in the 2018 World Cup, surely lightning couldn’t strike twice for Germany? It could be about to though, with Germany knowing nothing but victory here will keep their dwindling qualification hopes alive, after a 1-1 draw against Spain left them at the foot of Group E, and considering they’re without a win after two World Cup group games for the first time, successive bottom-place World Cup group finishes are now a distinct possibility.
- That draw against Spain perhaps doesn’t tell the full story of the game, with Germany breaking all kinds of unwanted records, with their 35.8% possession ranking as their lowest ever in a World Cup game since 1966! On a more positive note, Niclas Füllkrug’s strike – Germany’s first World Cup goal by a substitute since Mario Götze’s winner in the 2014 final – not only secured what could be a crucial point, but will also give Germany the added confidence to score against Costa Rica according to boss Hansi Flick.
- Key battle: Keysher Fuller struck Costa Rica’s decisive goal against Japan and another goal would see him become only the fourth Costa Rican to score more than once in a single World Cup edition. Hoping to keep him at bay, Germany’s Manuel Neuer is in line for 19th World Cup appearance which would see him become the goalkeeper to have featured in the most World Cup games.
- Hot streak: Since their 1-0 World Cup final win in 2014, Germany haven’t kept a clean sheet in their following five matches in the competition.
- World Cup trivia: Germany’s 1998 starting lineup against Iran was the oldest ever fielded at a World Cup, with an average age of 31 years and 345 days.
Match Preview: Utrecht - Sparta Rotterdam Predictions and Betting Tips 01.06.2023
Match Preview: Ankaragucu - Galatasaray Predictions and Betting Tips 30.05.2023
Match Preview: AEL Limassol - Doxa Predictions and Betting Tips 29.05.2023
Match Preview: Feyenoord - Vitesse Predictions and Betting Tips 28.05.2023