Match Preview: Cardiff – Blackpool Predictions and Betting Tips 17.12.2022
Match Preview: Cardiff – Blackpool Predictions
Cardiff – Blackpool Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for December 17, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 23
Match: 16:00 Cardiff – Blackpool
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Match Preview Cardiff – Blackpool Predictions
- Cardiff City enjoyed an eventful return to Championship action last week, as they came from behind to rescue a 2-2 draw against Stoke. Remarkably, that was the first time in 11 outings that the Bluebirds had been involved in a stalemate, with manager Mark Hudson criticising his players for “taking their foot off the gas” after squandering an early lead.
- Hudson will be desperate to avoid a repeat here, as Cardiff have won just two of their last nine league games (D1, L6), in a run that leaves them just one point clear of the relegation zone as the season’s halfway stage approaches. Improving on some faltering home form may become key to the Bluebirds’ swoop for survival, given they’ve lost each of their last three games on home soil whilst conceding six goals in the process.
- Perhaps Blackpool are the perfect opposition then, as the Seasiders are winless in their last five Championship games, although they did manage to snap a four-game losing run with a goalless draw against Birmingham last time out. That led to under pressure manager Michael Appleton stating that he’s enduring ‘‘as difficult a spell that I’ve faced’’ with an ever-growing injury list ravaging his side.
- A torrid campaign has left Blackpool inside the relegation zone and a charitable defence which has conceded 33 goals – the second-worst return in the division ahead of their latest outing – has been a major factor. A trip to the Welsh capital may not prove to be a turning point just yet however, as the Tangerines are winless in their last three visits to Cardiff (D1, L2).
- Players to watch: Frontman Callum Robinson netted Cardiff’s equaliser against Stoke and is the club’s top scorer in the Championship with four goals; he’s also unbeaten in two career meetings with Blackpool (W1, D1). His opposite number could well be visiting Gary Madine, who returns to face his former club having already scored twice against them in the past.
- Hot streak: Cardiff have failed to score during both halves in any of their Championship home games this season.