Match Preview: Sunderland – Blackburn Predictions and Betting Tips 26.12.2022
Match Preview: Sunderland – Blackburn Predictions
Sunderland – Blackburn Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for December 26, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 24
Match: 13:30 Sunderland – Blackburn
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Match Preview Sunderland – Blackburn Predictions
- Mid-table Sunderland were denied an against-the-odds Championship win last weekend after a late Hull goal meant Tony Mowbray’s ten-men were forced to settle for a point. Perhaps the biggest blow from that contest though was that midfielder Elliot Embleton, who has played in all 23 of their league matches so far, was stretchered off and is set to face “an extended spell” on the sidelines with an ankle fracture.
- While it has not been a festive period full of cheer for the Black Cats who are looking to avoid three successive league games without a victory for the first time since October (D1, L1), there will be hope that they can change that in this Boxing Day clash against a Blackburn Rovers side who have lost on their last three trips to the Stadium of Light, albeit over ten years ago. However, three defeats from their last four home league matches (W1) this season means adding to that record is no guarantee for ex-Blackburn gaffer Mowbray and his side.
- Blackburn went into last week’s contest at Norwich under a little bit of pressure having lost three of their previous four matches (W1), yet an impressive 2-0 win away to the fellow-promotion hopefuls has seemingly breathed life back into their Premier League pursuit. Manager Jan Dahl Tomasson was understandably upbeat following the win, stating it was “a great result and a brilliant performance. We asked for a reaction from the players after last week, when we underperformed, and we got one.”
- Although Blackburn have lost some ground and start the round five points from the automatic promotion places, there’s little doubt it’s still been a strong campaign despite their ten losses (W13, D0). Their position in the table is particularly impressive when you take into account only bottom-half side Rotherham United have accumulated fewer shots so far this season (213), lending some credence to the saying ‘quality over quantity’.
- Players to watch: Sunderland forward Amad Diallo usually comes alive in home matches; he’s scored in three of his last four with each opening the scoring for his side. While shots are usually at a premium for Blackburn, when they do come, it’s usually Ben Brereton Díaz providing them – his total of 62 is a joint league-high ahead of the round.
- Hot stat: Coming into this gameweek, no side has failed to score in more away league games than Blackburn (seven).