Match Preview: QPR – Luton Predictions and Betting Tips 29.12.2022
Match Preview: QPR – Luton Predictions
QPR – Luton Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for December 29, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 25
Match: 19:00 QPR – Luton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Match Preview QPR – Luton Predictions
- New QPR manager Neil Critchley must be delighted with the start to his tenure, securing a win and a draw in his first two games in charge to end a four-match losing run prior to his appointment. Those results both came with accompanying clean sheets and were away from home too, although the forgettable 0-0 draw with Cardiff last time out saw his side drop out of the playoff spots.
- This upbeat start to Critchley’s reign will have the home faithful experiencing mixed feelings as the Hoops return to West London for his Loftus Road bow having lost their last three home matches. A date with Luton perhaps couldn’t have been timed better then, as QPR have gone undefeated in the last 18 home H2Hs in all competitions (W11, D7) since a 3-2 loss in the First Division back in October 1984!
- Luton will see the stars aligning here, as that 1984/85 season was the last time they secured a league double over QPR, something they’ll be gunning for here after winning the reverse fixture 3-1 in, you guessed it, October this year! Alarmingly though, they’ve developed a crutch when playing in the nation’s capital recently, losing 11 of their last 12 away league matches played in London.
- If confidence is the key to ending that torrid London run, then the Hatters should be full of it after their 89th minute winner on Boxing Day ensured a 2-1 victory against Norwich, and in turn secured new manager Rob Edwards a first win in his new post after losing his opening game in charge. QPR are somewhat of a bogey side for Edwards though having lost his only managerial meeting with QPR, going down 3-2 when in charge of Watford earlier this season, while as a player he only ever got the better of his opposition once in seven attempts (D5, L1).
- Players to watch: QPR’s Chris Willock has scored the match opener in his last two goalscoring outings and his only goal against Luton also saw him start proceedings that day. Also liking to strike early, Luton’s Carlton Morris has scored ten of his last 13 club goals before half-time.
- Hot stat: QPR have won nine of the ten Championship matches they’ve scored first in this season (L1).