Match Preview: Manchester Utd – Everton Predictions and Betting Tips 06.01.2023
Match Preview: Manchester Utd – Everton Predictions
Manchester Utd – Everton Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for January 6, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: FA CUP – 1/32-FINALS
Match: 21:00 Manchester Utd – Everton
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 3:1 WON!!!
Manchester Utd – Everton Predictions and PREVIEW
- Manchester United appear in impressive form right now, having returned from the mid-season pause by winning all four of their games with clean sheets. That is just the most recent chapter of a stellar stretch that has seen their last 16 games return just one defeat (W13, D2). Yet their latest success, a 3-0 win over Bournemouth, still wasn’t enough to please Erik ten Hag, who said his team didn’t ‘play smart and were lucky’.
- The Dutchman must nonetheless be pleased with how well his side are performing on home soil, though, with United winning each of their last seven games at Old Trafford and conceding in just one of those matches! Taking that form into the FA Cup could go some way to ending a six-year trophy drought in a competition the Red Devils have won 12 times, a total bettered only by Arsenal.
- Everton also have plenty of pedigree in this competition, courtesy of five title wins to their name, but the chances of a sixth crown look incredibly bleak given their torrid run of recent form. The Toffees are stuck in a rut after winning just one of their last 11 games (D2, L8), a sequence that notably began with a 2-1 defeat to Man Utd.
- Dejected manager Frank Lampard admitted he can’t ‘control decisions’ surrounding his future, but the pressure mounted even further after his side were on the end of a 4-1 battering from Brighton in midweek action. Whilst their defence may have caved in during that loss, issues up front have also plagued the Toffees, illustrated by just two multiple goal hauls all season.
- Players to watch: With Cristiano Ronaldo out of the way, Bruno Fernandes has been flourishing for United. The playmaker enjoys facing Everton and has directly contributed to six goals (G4, A2) across seven personal H2H meetings (W3, D3, L1). One bright spark for the Toffees lately has been Demarai Gray, with the winger netting in consecutive games.
- Hot stat: Of the 12 FA Cup H2H meetings, only twice have the sides been separated by more than a single goal.