Match Preview: Valladolid – Rayo Vallecano Predictions and Betting Tips 14.01.2023
Match Preview: Napoli – Juventus Predictions
Valladolid – Rayo Vallecano Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for January 14, 2023.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 17
Match: 14:00 Valladolid – Rayo Vallecano
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Valladolid – Rayo Vallecano Predictions and Preview
- After suffering a gut-wrenching 1-0 defeat to Mallorca in their previous La Liga (LL) outing, Real Valladolid started the round two points above the drop zone ahead of Rayo Vallecano’s visit. The reality of a relegation battle that could see them drop back down to the second tier in successive attempts for the first time ever is dawning, leaving Valladolid boss Pacheta to rue “naivety” in his squad after their latest loss.
- A dearth of goals is the culprit for a dire run that has seen them fall to four losses without scoring in their last five LL games (W1). Their 13 goals at this point is the fewest they have managed after 16 games of a league campaign since 1997/98, and whilst José Zorrilla Stadium is the most likely place to bounce back following three consecutive home LL wins prior to the World Cup break, they’re again without the services of leading goalscorer Sergio León (suspended).
- Vallecano’s seven-match unbeaten league run (W3, D4) came to an end courtesy of a 1-2 loss at home to Real Betis, a result which saw them slip two points further away from their first UEFA competition appearance in more than 20 years. Add to that a 0-2 Copa del Rey loss to second-tier Sporting Gijón – their first back-to-back competitive losses since September – and the team will be in need of a boost ahead of meetings with Sociedad and Villarreal later this month.
- They can draw a wealth of encouragement from their streak of three LL away games without defeat (W1, D2) that has contributed to a LL away record (W2, D3, L3) almost twice as profitable as that of their first eight away contests of last campaign (W1, D2, L5). Seven of those nine away points have been collected from teams currently placed beneath them in the standings (W2, D1, L1), so they ought to be confident of a return to winning form.
- Players to watch: With Roque Mesa netting twice in his last four LL home games, Valladolid may rely on more contributions from their midfield man in the absence of León. Vallecano have no such issue, as forward Sergio Camello has three goal contributions from his last three competitive outings (G2, A1).
- Hot streak: Each of Vallecano’s last four away LL victories have been accompanied by a clean sheet.