Match Preview: Getafe – Espanyol Predictions and Betting Tips 15.01.2023
Match Preview: Getafe – Espanyol Predictions
Getafe – Espanyol Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for January 15, 2023.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 17
Match: 14:00 Getafe – Espanyol
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Getafe – Espanyol Predictions and Preview
- Sitting just two points above the drop zone, Getafe welcome Espanyol for a potentially crucial La Liga (LL) clash, with the hosts’ struggles continuing into the new year after a 2-1 defeat at Sevilla just days after being eliminated from the Copa del Rey. Getafe manager Quique Sánchez Flores remained defiant in the face of their latest defeat however, stating that his team played at “a very high level’’.
- Having now won just two of their previous ten La Liga (LL) games (D4, L4), the Azulones desperately need to put together a run of good results which won’t be easy with Barcelona, Betis and Atlético on the horizon. A return home is at least welcomed, considering Getafe are unbeaten in their last three LL home games (W1, D2) which means they now have the chance to win successive league games here for the first time since February 2022!
- It might be an ideal time to face 19th-placed Espanyol too, considering they’ve failed to win in their last seven LL contests held in Getafe (D2, L5). That’s contributed to a dire run which has seen the Periquitos triumph in just one of their away league games this campaign (D5, L2) and considering they haven’t won a H2H here for nearly ten years, this could be an uphill battle.
- They did beat Getafe 2-0 the last time they met however (2-0), and sitting one point from safety ahead of the round, Espanyol’s ability to grind out points could be useful. Each of their last three away league games ended 1-1, and considering their opponents have failed to score more than once in four of their last six league outings, a repeat scoreline in this contest wouldn’t come as a major surprise!
- Key battle: Getafe ‘keeper David Soria has faced Espanyol’s Joselu five times with each contest ending all-square. He’ll need to be on top form again, considering the forward scored in his side’s 2-2 draw to Girona last time out and has also been involved in exactly one goal in each of their last three away outings (G2, A1).
- Hot stat: Espanyol’s eight LL draws is the most they’ve recorded at this stage of a campaign since 1972/73.