Match Preview: Empoli – Sampdoria Predictions and Betting Tips 16.01.2023
Match Preview: Empoli – Sampdoria Predictions
Empoli – Sampdoria Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for January 16, 2023.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 18
Match: 20:45 Empoli – Sampdoria
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Empoli – Sampdoria Predictions and Preview
- It’s been a solid start to 2023 for Empoli, as despite being seven points worse off than at this stage of last season, a pair of draws to begin the year leaves them sitting pretty in mid-table. Empoli boss Paolo Zanetti said that his side “never give up” after their incredible late fightback from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Lazio last time out, further strengthening their claims to book a third straight campaign in Serie A (SA).
- The Stadio Carlo Castellani finally plays host to Empoli’s first home game of 2023 and should they avoid defeat, it would be just the second time in club history that they’ve started a new year with three unbeaten SA games. Building on back-to-back home wins ‘to nil’ in their previous two league outings here may be tricky though, as Empoli look to end a rotten three-game losing run in home encounters with Sampdoria.
- Visiting manager Dejan Stanković was stoic in his analysis of his side’s 2-0 defeat to league leaders Napoli in the last round, suggesting that his team showed spirit in defeat and that they can “leave with heads held high”. However a straight red for Tomás Rincón will leave Sampdoria shorthanded in midfield for this game, which isn’t ideal as the visitors look to bridge the yawning gap to safety.
- This is now struggling Sampdoria’s worst ever 17-game record in any league campaign (W2, D3, L12), a record not helped by the fact that they’re one of only two sides not to have a single player register three SA goals this season. They say every cloud has a silver lining though, and for Sampdoria that may be the fact that seven of their nine-point haul was earned away from home.
- Players to watch: Empoli’s top SA scorer Tommaso Baldanzi has only three goals, yet all of those strikes were crucial to the result and earned Empoli five points (W1, D2). Scoring two of Sampdoria’s paltry eight-goal haul, Manolo Gabbiadini has contributed to a goal in both of their league wins this season (G1, A1).
- Hot stat: Sampdoria have failed to win ten of their last 12 SA games played on a Monday (W2, D3, L7).