Match Preview: Crystal Palace – Manchester Utd Predictions and Betting Tips 18.01.2023
Match Preview: Crystal Palace – Manchester Utd Predictions
Crystal Palace – Manchester Utd Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for January 18, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 7
Match: 21:00 Crystal Palace – Manchester Utd
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Crystal Palace – Manchester Utd Predictions and Preview
- An 11th consecutive Premier League (PL) loss to Chelsea, and their fourth loss ‘to nil’ in their last five league games this season (W1), left mid-table Crystal Palace closer to the relegation zone than the European places (by points), and their recent misery appears set to continue throughout one of the most difficult post-World Cup periods on paper for any PL club.
- They’re set to complete their two PL engagements with Manchester United within the space of a few weeks, either side of hosting another top-four club in Newcastle. Despite being able to devote their full attention to the PL after exiting both domestic cups, Palace have been unable to claim a noteworthy scalp this PL campaign, and their winless PL record against current top-half clubs (D3, L6) sets them up for a few more difficult weeks to come.
- United’s last trip to Crystal Palace (L 1-0) brought an end to Ralf Rangnick’s disappointing tenure, but his successor Erik ten Hag is in no such danger. Ten Hag has steered his side to nine straight wins across three tournaments, the most recent of which would have been the sweetest of all, when they registered a come-from-behind 2-1 Manchester derby triumph that ended three consecutive PL losses against their city rivals.
- The three-time Eredivisie winner has called for his players to “keep (their) feet on the ground”, dismissing title speculation as “ridiculous”, particularly with a trip to Arsenal between their two clashes with Palace that is sure to shed some light on their credentials. For now, they can move into second with victory for a night at least, and with a 69% win rate as pre-match favourites this season (W9, D1, L3), they should be confident of doing their bit.
- Players to watch: Despite not scoring in the PL since November, Palace’s Wilfried Zaha may step up for this fixture after scoring in two of his last three H2Hs against his former club. After his recent equaliser, stand-in United captain Bruno Fernandes has now scored after half-time in four wins this season.
- Hot stat: Manchester United have conceded before half-time in just one of their 12 PL wins this season.