Match Preview: Burnley – West Brom Predictions and Betting Tips 20.01.2023
Match Preview: Burnley – West Brom Predictions
Burnley – West Brom Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for January 20, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 28
Match: 21:00 Burnley – West Brom
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Burnley – West Brom Predictions and Preview
- Championship games don’t get much bigger than this one at Turf Moor, as table-topping Burnley welcome the only other side who can match their nine wins from their last ten league games, West Brom. A 16-point cushion to third-place Watford means it will take something catastrophic from here to derail Burnley in their bid to return to the top-flight at the first time of asking.
- You’d be brave to bet against Burnley lengthening that gap before Saturday’s fixtures, with the Clarets extending their unbeaten home league run this season to 14 games (W10, D4) thanks to a 1-0 victory against Coventry last time out. In fact, if you include Burnley’s final 13 home games of their last season at Championship level, that leaves them unbeaten in an eye-watering 27 second tier home games dating back to December 2015, winning the last eight on the bounce!
- That run faces arguably its toughest test yet against West Brom though, who overturned a 2-0 deficit to snatch a 3-2 win against Luton in their last Championship outing. Victory was enough to see West Brom sneak into the final play-off spot and cap off a remarkable turnaround under Carlos Corberán, with the Baggies sitting 23rd in the table when he took over!
- Maintaining that top-six spot beyond the weekend won’t be easy with West Brom facing arguably the toughest fixture the Championship could serve up at the moment, but their travelling form suggests there is room for cautious optimism. The Baggies have won four of their five away league games under their new boss, while a four-match unbeaten away H2H run (W1, D3) should serve to boost West Brom’s burgeoning confidence.
- Players to watch: With the influential Jack Cork suspended, Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson is likely to deputise, but never in his career has he been on the winning side against West Brom (D3, L2). Similarly unhappy to see the opposition, former Burnley man Erik Pieters has never won in three visits to Turf Moor as a visiting player (D1, L2), with each game seeing one or no goals scored.
- Hot streak: West Brom haven’t won a league game this season against a side starting this round eighth or higher (D4, L3).