Match Preview: Lazio – AC Milan Predictions and Betting Tips 24.01.2023
Match Preview: Lazio – AC Milan Predictions
Lazio – AC Milan Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for January 24, 2023.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 19
Match: 20:45 Lazio – AC Milan
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 LOST
Lazio – AC Milan Predictions and Preview
- Lazio put their two-game winless start to 2023 firmly behind them by beating Sassuolo 2-0 in their last Serie A (SA) outing, before following it up with a 1-0 victory over Bologna to seal their progression to the Coppa Italia quarter finals. However, with the talismanic Ciro Immobile suffering another injury it could be an anxious Lazio camp as coach Maurizio Sarri admitted that their match against Bologna ‘was not easy in the first-half hour without a centre-forward‘.
- In the absence of their usual goal threat, the Biancocelesti might have to be at their defensive best to keep their recent positive run going. Four of their last five home wins have arrived with a clean sheet, though they have conceded 2+ goals in two of the last three home SA outings (W1, D1, L1), with the team seemingly flailing later in matches as all five goals during this run arrived after the break.
- Manager Sarri’s comments were guarded before this big clash against a ‘strong side’ in AC Milan, who will want to bounce back after their 3-0 Supercoppa Italiana defeat to Inter. In fact, that was the fourth winless outing in a row for the defending champions (D2, L2), who were also eliminated from the Coppa Italia during that run.
- It’s not only at pitch level where Milan are currently struggling, as promising forward Rafael Leão is still yet to sign a contract-renewal with his potential departure likely haunting Rossoneri fans. They’ll be focusing on their team’s current good form for now however, as they still ended last round in second spot, above city rivals Inter, and are unbeaten in three away league matches (W1, D2), albeit stalemates at newcomers Lecce and Cremonese means they will hungry for three points here.
- Players to watch: With Immobile out, Lazio will look to Felipe Anderson who is on a run of three consecutive goal-scoring appearances, netting first-half openers twice. He may do well to outshine Milan‘s Olivier Giroud, as he’s scored three goals in the last two meetings between these sides.
- Hot stat: Milan are the only SA team yet to score between the 16th minute and half-time on the road this term.