Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen – Bochum Predictions and Betting Tips 25.01.2023
Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen – Bochum Predictions
Bayer Leverkusen – Bochum Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for January 25, 2023.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 19
Match: 20:45 Bayer Leverkusen – Bochum
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Bayer Leverkusen – Bochum Predictions and Preview
- A return to action for the influential Florian Wirtz after a long injury lay-off wasn’t the only win for Bayer Leverkusen on Sunday, as Xabi Alonso’s side edged Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-2. After racing into a 3-0 lead, the scoreline ought to have been a little more convincing than it eventually ended up, but even that late collapse wasn’t enough to deny Leverkusen a fourth-straight league win.
- That run has catapulted Leverkusen up the table, and with this match marking the midway point of Leverkusen’s league campaign, they will feel the seven-point gap to the European places ahead of the round is catchable. Though the fact remains that they still sit closer by way of points to the relegation places than the top-six, but with an impressive top-flight home H2H record against Bochum (W18, D4, L5), they will hope to invert those margins in midweek.
- The Blues will almost certainly have something to say about that though having won three successive Bundesliga games of their own, bookended by a 3-1 victory against Hertha Berlin at the weekend. That mini-revival has gone some way to boosting Bochum’s survival chances, but with just one point separating them from 16th-placed Stuttgart ahead of the round, there is still plenty of work to be done in the battle to beat the drop.
- Boss Thomas Letsch has steered the ship into calmer waters, leading a spectacular turnaround after Bochum had picked up just four points from their opening ten Bundesliga rounds. Letsch has set out his blueprint for survival, insisting “passion and mentality” is their route to success as they go in search of back-to-back Bundesliga away wins for the first time since 2010!
- Players to watch: Bayer Leverkusen’s Amine Adli netted his first goal of the season against Gladbach and he also scored first in this corresponding fixture in the last campaign. Philipp Hofmann was also on target at the weekend, and has opened the scoring with a header in three of his last four scoring appearances for Bochum.
- Hot streak: Bochum haven’t scored an away league goal after the hour mark this season.