Match Preview: Freiburg – Augsburg Predictions and Betting Tips 28.01.2023
Match Preview: Freiburg – Augsburg Predictions
Freiburg – Augsburg Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for January 28, 2023.
League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 18
Match: 15:30 Freiburg – Augsburg
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 LOST
Freiburg – Augsburg Predictions and Preview
- The Bundesliga’s longest-serving coach, Christian Streich, oversaw his 340th top-flight game as Freiburg boss last time out in their 1-1 draw with Frankfurt. Streich will now surpass Volke Finke’s outright club record for top-flight games in charge in this match, and despite his persistent claims that his side are merely fighting for survival this season, a win will see his team mark this landmark occasion by provisionally jumping into the Champions League places.
- Freiburg’s unlikely top-four challenge has largely been built on their solid record here at the Europa-Park Stadion (W5, D2, L1), where they have conceded a joint league-low six goals ahead of the round. Unsurprisingly hot favourites to take the spoils here too, only the brave would bet against Freiburg when the bookmakers side with them as they’re yet to lose when starting as favourites in league action this season (W8, D2).
- A stunning back-heeled flick from Mergim Berisha was enough to secure Augsburg a 1-0 victory over Gladbach in midweek and open up a two-point cushion between themselves and the bottom-three. That victory was Augsburg’s first in the Bundesliga since October 2022 (D3, L5), yet a failure to win an away league H2H since 2014 casts doubt over their chances of following that up with another victory here (D1, L6).
- If the Fuggerstädter are to overcome the odds here, they’ll have to tighten up a leaking defence that has conceded at least twice in five straight away games (W1, D1, L3). Augsburg have been able to counteract that somewhat with a six away league game scoring run, netting at least twice in four of their last five Bundesliga trips, though none of their last eight away goals came in winning causes.
- Players to watch: Vincenzo Grifo has had a hand in creating 42% of Freiburg’s league goals this season (G9, A2), which includes scoring four match winners! Augsburg’s hero last time out, Mergim Berisha, has scored the match opener with all four of his league goals this season as well as contributing four assists.
- Hot stat: Only two sides have picked up fewer than Augsburg’s two points when conceding first this season (D2, L6).