Match Preview: Mallorca – Real Madrid Predictions and Betting Tips 05.02.2023
Match Preview: Mallorca – Real Madrid Predictions
Mallorca – Real Madrid Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for February 5, 2023.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 20
Match: 14:00 Mallorca – Real Madrid
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Mallorca – Real Madrid Predictions and Preview
- As each of Mallorca’s last six La Liga (LL) matches were won by the hosts on the day ‘to nil’, they might welcome playing at home following last weekend’s 2-0 defeat at Cádiz. After loaning in defender Ludwig Augustinsson from Sevilla and midfielder Manu Morlanes from Villarreal late in the transfer window, they’ll hope both can bolster their bid to remain in the top-half of the table.
- There’s added needle as they host Real Madrid after Mallorca captain Antonio Raíllo criticised visiting forward Vinícius Júnior, calling him a ‘poor role model’ for aspiring players. He will hope his words don’t come back to haunt him then as although the hosts have scored exactly once in each of their last four home league games (W3, D1) they’ve only won one of the last eight home H2Hs against Los Blancos (D2, L5).
- One goal might not be enough to see off Madrid though, who won here 3-0 last term, and they dispatched Valencia 2-0 on Thursday with the aforementioned Vinícius on the scoresheet. They remain five points behind leaders and rivals Barcelona, and their midweek win worryingly saw both centre-back Eder Militão and centre-forward Karim Benzema withdrawn due to injuries.
- While manager Carlo Ancelotti played down the club’s latest injury concerns, it’s worth nothing that either Militão or Benzema have scored in each of their last six away matches in the league, part of a longer run of 11 consecutive LL road games in which Real netted (W8, D1, L2). They’ll want to take charge here though, as the first scorer won each of their last nine LL away games (Madrid: W7, L2).
- Key battle: Attention will be on Raíllo following his pre-match comments but he’s helped Mallorca keep six league clean sheets this term. Another one might depend on him stifling Vinícius, who marked becoming the youngest non-academy player to make 200 Madrid appearances with his goal against Valencia.
- Hot streak: Mallorca are unbeaten after scoring first at home in the league this term (W4, D2), on each occasion netting exactly once.