Match Preview: Birmingham – West Brom Predictions and Betting Tips 10.02.2023
Match Preview: Birmingham – West Brom Predictions
Birmingham – West Brom Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for February 10, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 31
Match: 21:00 Birmingham – West Brom
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Birmingham – West Brom Predictions and Preview
- It looked fairly certain that Birmingham City were heading towards a sixth consecutive Championship defeat last time out as they entered the 90th minute with a 3-2 deficit. However, John Eustace’s previous claim that his side are “fighters, not victims” was vindicated as goals on 90’ and 90+7’ saw the Blues dramatically extend their cushion over the relegation zone ahead of this clash with midlands rivals West Bromwich Albion.
- Next on the agenda for Birmingham is to improve on a run of one win across their last eight competitive home outings (W1, D2, L5), but that will be no easy task against a side they’ve beaten only once here since 2006 (W1, D1, L3). Keeping a clean sheet could be key to upsetting the odds, yet that’s something they’ve not done at home since November 2022!
- It’s been a week of uncertainty for West Brom after the sacking of Jesse Marsch at Leeds saw Baggies boss Carlos Corberán become favourite to take the reins at his former club, yet he put those rumours to bed by signing a contract extension until 2027. That’s testament to all the Spaniard has achieved in his short time in the Black Country, transforming his side from bottom-half strugglers into play-off contenders in just 13 league games (W10, L3).
- This contest should go one way or the other if recent trends are to be believed, as only Preston are currently on a longer run of drawless league games than West Brom’s 16 (W11, L5). Even so, a mere 45% win-rate as travelling favourites this Championship season suggests the Baggies shouldn’t take the opposition lightly.
- Players to watch: Birmingham’s top scorer in the league, Scott Hogan (G10), starred in their stunning 3-2 victory in the reverse fixture with his only hat-trick since the 2016/17 campaign. West Brom’s Jed Wallace scored an ultimately futile equaliser in that game, yet all three of his scoring appearances for the club this season saw him grab the team opener.
- Hot stat: Birmingham haven’t won a single home league game this season when priced as the underdogs (D4, L3).
Match Preview: Bhayangkara Solo - RANS Nusantara Predictions and Betting Tips 30.03.2023
Match Preview: Zapy - Zivanice Predictions and Betting Tips 29.03.2023
Match Preview: Romania - Belarus Predictions and Betting Tips 28.03.2023
Match Preview: Ireland - France Predictions and Betting Tips 27.03.2023