Match Preview: Toulouse – Rennes Predictions and Betting Tips 12.02.2023
Match Preview: Toulouse – Rennes Predictions
Toulouse – Rennes Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for February 12, 2023.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 23
Match: 13:00 Toulouse – Rennes
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 LOST
Toulouse – Rennes Predictions and Preview
- Toulouse’s five-game unbeaten start to their 2023 Ligue 1 schedule (W4, D1) ended at the hands of league leaders PSG last weekend, though there’s little shame in keeping the dominant force in French football to a single-goal margin. Many had tipped Toulouse for an immediate return to the second-tier ahead of the campaign, yet they entered this round 11 points above the extended drop-zone.
- After progressing to the quarter finals of the French Cup in midweek, a return to winning ways in league action would be another positive step in what’s turning out to be a decent season for the team. Manager Philippe Montanier may feel that this contest is far from straightforward for Les Violets however, as they’re currently one of the worst performing pre-match outsiders in Ligue 1 (W1, D1, L8), while they are looking for their first win against Rennes in over five years (D2, L5 since).
- The hosts will try to improve that record against fifth-placed Rennes, a side whose position in the European spots is now under threat after alternating between wins and losses over their last eight league games. Tottenham’s Djed Spence proved a spark in the dark for Rennes on his loan debut in their 3-1 home loss to Lille in the last round, with boss Bruno Génésio the first of many to heap the praise on the young full-back.
- Génésio will hope that the rest of the team can put in similarly impressive displays to extend his career-best personal unbeaten record against Toulouse (W7, D1). The omens are good as only PSG boast a better win rate than Rennes’ 69% as pre-match favourites in Ligue 1 this term (W11, D1, L4), yet just one win across the last seven competitive away games shows there is plenty of work to be done.
- Players to watch: Thijs Dallinga has been crucial to Toulouse’s Ligue 1 success since the turn of the year, hitting four goals in six appearances despite not featuring for a full 90’. Another potential impact player could feature here, with Rennes’ Jérémy Doku scoring their only away winning goal since October 2022 from the bench.
- Hot stat: Only PSG have scored more Ligue 1 goals between 76’-FT than Rennes’ 11.
Match Preview: Bhayangkara Solo - RANS Nusantara Predictions and Betting Tips 30.03.2023
Match Preview: Zapy - Zivanice Predictions and Betting Tips 29.03.2023
Match Preview: Romania - Belarus Predictions and Betting Tips 28.03.2023
Match Preview: Ireland - France Predictions and Betting Tips 27.03.2023