Match Preview: Dortmund – Chelsea Predictions and Betting Tips 15.02.2023
Match Preview: Dortmund – Chelsea Predictions
Dortmund – Chelsea Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for February 15, 2023.
League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
Match: 21:00 Dortmund – Chelsea
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Dortmund – Chelsea Predictions and Preview
- Midfielder Julian Brandt is insisting Borussia Dortmund’s players can’t rest on their laurels if they want to keep their place in the team. The German outfit have racked up six successive competitive wins since the World Cup/winter break, scoring at least twice on each occasion, but Brandt believes the quality within the squad is too high to slow down and humorously quipped last weekend: “We cannot act like an otter now, lie on our backs and relax.”
- Manager Edin Terzić has been aided by having a nearly fully fit squad to choose from, and as such his side has moved to within three points of top spot in the Bundesliga. The UEFA Champions League (UCL) takes priority this week though as Chelsea visit Signal Iduna Park for the first time, and Terzić will only be too aware that to set up a platform to progress, his side desperately need to improve on a winless record from their last dozen outings against British clubs (D3, L9).
- ‘Die Borussen’ may fancy their chances of ending that run against the Blues though, who head to Germany in no form whatsoever. Saturday’s labouring 1-1 draw against West Ham means the London outfit have picked up just one win in eight outings in 2023 (D4, L3), while equally worryingly is their failure to score more than once in any of those games, despite the attacking riches at their disposal.
- Even so, under pressure manager Graham Potter could become the first English manager to win five consecutive UCL matches and he remains confident his side can progress to the quarter-finals, ordering his squad to perform at their best to “earn the right to win”. He will know Chelsea’s record in the UCL round-of-16 remains patchy at best though, progressing from this stage of the competition just twice in their last six attempts.
- Key battle: Dortmund’s Emre Can has seen three of his four home personal H2H meetings with Chelsea end 1-1 (L1), despite his side scoring first in each of those draws. He’ll attempt to thwart Kai Havertz, who has a shocking record against the German outfit, picking up a career joint-high five defeats in seven H2H clashes (W1, D1).
- Hot stat: Dortmund have lost three of their last six home ties in the UCL last-16 stage (W2, D1).
Match Preview: Bhayangkara Solo - RANS Nusantara Predictions and Betting Tips 30.03.2023
Match Preview: Zapy - Zivanice Predictions and Betting Tips 29.03.2023
Match Preview: Romania - Belarus Predictions and Betting Tips 28.03.2023
Match Preview: Ireland - France Predictions and Betting Tips 27.03.2023