Match Preview: Getafe – Girona Predictions and Betting Tips 04.03.2023
Match Preview: Getafe – Girona Predictions
Getafe – Girona Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for March 4, 2023.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 24
Match: 14:00 Getafe – Girona
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:2 WON!!!
Getafe – Girona Predictions and Preview
- Whilst many La Liga (LL) clubs are working their way through cup and continental competitions, Getafe have only one fight on their hands: rescuing what remains their worst start to a LL season of the last decade, with their current points haul of 22 even worse than the same stage of their relegation-bound season of 2015/16 (26). They started this round in 19th place but remain capable of immediately rising out of the relegation zone with victory, if other results fall their way.
- Their 2-1 loss away to Villarreal last round subdued speculation of Quique Setién’s time at Villarreal coming to an end and instead intensified the pressure on Getafe’s Quique Sánchez Flores. He again blamed his players’ on-field mistakes and publicly demanded for them “to be smarter”, as they were when taking points from both Valencia (W 1-0) and Rayo Vallecano (D 1-1) in their two most recent LL fixtures at home.
- Girona also enjoyed no midweek football and they too have had no distractions in 2023 after being eliminated from the Copa del Rey prior to Christmas. It’s fair to say they have recently taken advantage of some tiring opponents, defeating both Valencia (1-0) and Athletic Bilbao (3-2) as well as lowly Almería (6-2) to start the round just four points behind the top six despite their bottom-half position.
- They worked their way to the middle of the table by bullying lower half opponents, picking up six of their eight LL wins (D1, L4) against clubs to start this round below them in the standings, including a 3-1 win over Getafe in the reverse fixture. Their travelling record has held them back from greater things, courtesy of a vulnerable back-line that stands as one of four defensive units without a single away LL clean sheet this season!
- Players to watch: Good luck charm Borja Mayoral has been Getafe’s only goalscorer in their last two LL home wins. Similarly, Cristhian Stuani’s last three goalscoring appearances across all competitions for Girona were winning ones.
- Hot stat: All but three of Getafe’s last 13 LL matches produced fewer than 2.5 total goals.
Match Preview: Bhayangkara Solo - RANS Nusantara Predictions and Betting Tips 30.03.2023
Match Preview: Zapy - Zivanice Predictions and Betting Tips 29.03.2023
Match Preview: Romania - Belarus Predictions and Betting Tips 28.03.2023
Match Preview: Ireland - France Predictions and Betting Tips 27.03.2023