Match Preview: Benfica – Club Brugge KV Predictions and Betting Tips 07.03.2023
Match Preview: Benfica – Club Brugge KV Predictions
Benfica – Club Brugge KV Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for March 7, 2023.
League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
Match: 21:00 Benfica – Club Brugge KV
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 5:1 WON!!!
Benfica – Club Brugge KV Predictions and Preview
- Since a 2-0 victory in the first leg of this UEFA Champions League (UCL) last 16 tie, Primeira Liga leaders Benfica have won three successive league games by a two-goal margin so confidence should be sky-high as they aim for a second straight UCL quarter-final appearance. In fact, they haven’t lost a UCL game since that quarter-final home leg against Liverpool last April (W9, D3) and know extending that record with as little as a draw would see them advance.
- Only PSG held Benfica to a draw at home during that run (W4) and not since May have they lost a competitive home fixture (W16, D2), which highlights the size of the task awaiting Club Brugge. The Eagles will be hoping to fly high once more as they’ve never lost a European home game to Belgian opponents (W8, D2), winning the last four of those fixtures ‘to nil’ as their safe passage to the last-eight looks to be a formality.
- The task facing Brugge is mountainous enough without them heading to Portugal struggling for form, as a run of one win in their last six fixtures (D3, L2) leaves them fourth in Belgium’s First Division. Even more worrying is a lack of goals as they haven’t scored more than twice in one game – which they must do here to win without needing penalties – since October 29th!
- If there’s a crumb of comfort to be had for the reigning Belgian champions, heading to Portugal should bring back good memories after their 4-0 away win against Porto in September. Although their recent form and goal-shy nature suggests a repeat is unlikely, they have little choice but to go for broke and attempt something similar if they’re to win a post-group stage European knockout tie for the first time since 2014/15.
- Players to watch: Gonçalo Ramos could put the tie to bed for Benfica as he’s scored in three of their last four home games, three times after the hour-mark. Meanwhile, both of Hans Vanaken’s last two strikes for Brugge served as the second goal of the game.
- Hot stat: Benfica have won 20 out of 21 previous European ties in which they won the first leg away from home (L1).
Match Preview: Bhayangkara Solo - RANS Nusantara Predictions and Betting Tips 30.03.2023
Match Preview: Zapy - Zivanice Predictions and Betting Tips 29.03.2023
Match Preview: Romania - Belarus Predictions and Betting Tips 28.03.2023
Match Preview: Ireland - France Predictions and Betting Tips 27.03.2023