Match Preview: FC Porto – Inter Predictions and Betting Tips 14.03.2023
Match Preview: FC Porto – Inter Predictions
FC Porto – Inter Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for March 14, 2023.
League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
Match: 21:00 FC Porto – Inter
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
FC Porto – Inter Predictions and Preview
- Porto left it late last weekend to see off Estoril in Liga Portugal action with a 3-2 win, but nonetheless remain eight points adrift of first-placed Benfica. It’s likely then that maintaining their place in both this and future UEFA Champions League (UCL) editions will remain a priority. Yet, after the 1-0 defeat away to Inter Milan last month, history indicates their prospects of progressing look slim, especially as the Portuguese side have been eliminated from six of their last seven two-legged UCL ties when trailing after the first leg.
- Despite the defeat, Sérgio Conceição praised the performance from his side following the away leg clash, especially as Porto lost midfielder Otávio to a second yellow card several minutes prior to Romelu Lukaku’s winning goal. The Dragons have won each of their last four home European games against Italian sides which should give the hosts some confidence that they can advance to the last eight for a third successive time.
- Similarly to Porto, Inter Milan come into this clash second in their domestic league but some way off leaders Napoli (18 points). They’re also reeling from a shock 2-1 defeat at Serie A strugglers Spezia on Friday night, one in which Simone Inzaghi pulled no punches in the wake of the loss, admitting it was “not right that Inter lost to Spezia – we won’t sleep tonight.”
- The three-time UCL winners will look to immediately bounce back by building on their advantage from the first leg, but a less than inspiring record of just one win from their last eight away matches to Portuguese sides in European competition (D3, L4) indicates there is still plenty of work to be done.
- Players to watch: Scorer of the winner against Estoril, Porto’s Mehdi Taremi boasts seven goal contributions (G5, A2) across his six UCL appearances this season. Lukaku also netted at the weekend and he is now aiming to score what would be his ninth goal from his last 13 UCL matches for Inter.
- Hot stat: Only Juventus have been shown more red cards in UCL competition history than Porto (22).
Match Preview: Bhayangkara Solo - RANS Nusantara Predictions and Betting Tips 30.03.2023
Match Preview: Zapy - Zivanice Predictions and Betting Tips 29.03.2023
Match Preview: Romania - Belarus Predictions and Betting Tips 28.03.2023
Match Preview: Ireland - France Predictions and Betting Tips 27.03.2023