Match Preview: Atalanta – Empoli Predictions and Betting Tips 17.03.2023
Match Preview: Atalanta – Empoli Predictions
Atalanta – Empoli Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for March 17, 2023.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 27
Match: 20:45 Atalanta – Empoli
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Atalanta – Empoli Predictions and Preview
- It’s been a costly recent run for Atalanta who, following Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Napoli, are now winless in four successive Serie A (SA) outings (D1, L3). That streak of negative results has led to La Dea falling out of the top four and they now face a huge challenge to try and get back into those positions, as they finished the last round six points adrift with their tally of 42 points after 26 games their lowest in four years.
- A lack of goals has been Atalanta’s most obvious recent problem, as they’ve managed just one across their last four league matches. They won’t be enthused by the arrival of Empoli in that regard, a team who have shut them out in three of their last four H2Hs at this venue (W1, D2, L1), though it should be noted that Gian Piero Gasperini’s men have netted at least once in all of their nine matches against teams starting this round 14th or below.
- The visitors are travelling north in pretty rotten form themselves, with no league win in seven outings (D3, L4). Empoli’s most recent setback came at home to Udinese where a goal from a corner proved the difference between the two sides (1-0). Post-match, manager Paolo Zanetti questioned his side’s vulnerability from dead-ball situations, remarkably stating: “I think it’s a psychological issue.”
- There’s now only one side that has conceded more SA goals from set-pieces (nine) than Empoli, while at the other end of the pitch, there are only three teams who have scored fewer league goals (23). Improving in both boxes will, therefore, be crucial if the Blues are to have any chance of beating one of the sides featuring in the top-ten ahead of the round for only the third time this season (D4, L8).
- Key battle: After 20 SA rounds, Ademola Lookman had scored 12 league goals, including one against Empoli in the reverse. But he’s not managed to find the net in any of his last six league outings, although he’s likely to face inexperienced Empoli stopper Samuele Perisan who has more SA goals (three) against than competition appearances (two)!
- Hot stat: No SA team has received more red cards than Empoli this season (five).
Match Preview: Bhayangkara Solo - RANS Nusantara Predictions and Betting Tips 30.03.2023
Match Preview: Zapy - Zivanice Predictions and Betting Tips 29.03.2023
Match Preview: Romania - Belarus Predictions and Betting Tips 28.03.2023
Match Preview: Ireland - France Predictions and Betting Tips 27.03.2023