Match Preview: Girona – Espanyol Predictions and Betting Tips 01.04.2023
Match Preview: Girona – Espanyol Predictions
Girona – Espanyol Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 1, 2023.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 27
Match: 13:00 Girona – Espanyol
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Girona – Espanyol Predictions and Preview
- Out of realistic contention for Europe and likely just a few wins from guaranteeing their safety, few could blame Girona for looking towards next season. But with a point rescued from a half-time deficit to Rayo Vallecano in their most recent outing, and two equalisers seeing them enter the international break as La Liga (LL)’s most prolific scorers across the previous five rounds, there is life in Míchel’s men yet!
- Although Girona lost 1-0 to Atlético Madrid in their last home outing, that was also just the third time during 2022/23 that a clash at Estadi Municipal de Montilivi has seen the Catalonian side shut out on their own turf. Whilst their defence has posted just a solitary home clean sheet so far, a perfect home record after netting the opening goal (W5) speaks for itself.
- Regional rivals Espanyol began the international break hovering just one point above the bottom three, after a 3-1 loss to Celta Vigo condemned them to a pointless March (L3). Poor starts remain a theme, with that loss being their fourth consecutive LL game to see at least one goal conceded before half-time, while they also remain the league’s poorest first-half scorers (eight goals).
- On a brighter note, Espanyol have failed to score in only one of their away league games played this term, with goals beyond the one-hour mark in all but the most recent of the Blanquiazules’ previous eight LL road trips. That ought to provide some much-needed confidence as they seek to make it three wins from as many top-flight visits to Girona.
- Players to watch: The home side on the day is yet to win a top-flIght H2H (D1, L4), but Girona’s Viktor Tsygankov could change that if he emulates the performance that saw him net both goals against Rayo. Espanyol’s Sergi Darder has proven to be a lucky charm here, getting at least one goal contribution in both prior LL away H2Hs (G1, A2).
- Hot stat: Five of the seven prior H2Hs produced a 1-0 half-time scoreline.