Match Preview: Everton – Tottenham Predictions and Betting Tips 03.04.2023
Match Preview: Everton – Tottenham Predictions
Everton – Tottenham Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 3, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 29
Match: 20:00 Everton – Tottenham
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Everton – Tottenham Predictions and Preview
- On the pitch, things look to have turned the corner for relegation-threatened Everton who headed into the international break on the back of their first three-game unbeaten Premier League (PL) run (W1, D2) since October. Furthermore, coming into the round there are only five PL sides who have picked up more league points since manager Sean Dyche arrived in early February (11).
- However off the field, there was shocking news last week revealing the Toffees had been referred by the PL to an independent commission for an alleged breach of financial fair play rules. Everton have denied wrongdoing and claimed they intend to “robustly defend” their position. Dyche will hope that won’t derail the growing feel good-factor at the club, particularly as they’re about to host a Tottenham side who they’ve beaten in just one of their last 20 PL meetings (D9, L10).
- Despite the magnitude of the allegations made against Everton, Tottenham still managed to upstage the home side with a tumultuous two weeks of their own. Not only did manager Antonio Conte depart following his explosive post-match news conference at Southampton, but also managing director Fabio Paratici had his 30-month ban from Italian football extended worldwide by FIFA, effectively removing him from his role at the club.
- Amongst this chaotic backdrop, interim head coach Cristian Stellini will have to draw up a plan to deliver a result at Goodison Park. A primary focus when doing so will surely be finding a way to stop his team from leaking goals; Spurs have already conceded as many goals this season as they did in the whole of the last (40). However, with more PL clean sheets against Everton than any other side (24), perhaps they’re set to face the ideal opponent to get back on track.
- Players to watch: Man of the moment Abdoulaye Doucouré has registered all of his four PL goal involvements this season (G2, A2) across Everton’s last three PL games. Former much-loved Toffee Richarlison is yet to open his PL account for Spurs, but could take comfort from scoring over half (52% – 25/48) of his career PL goals at this venue.
- Hot streak: Seven of Everton’s last ten home PL wins have all been by the same 1-0 scoreline.