Match Preview: Juventus – Inter Predictions and Betting Tips 04.04.2023
Match Preview: Juventus – Inter Predictions
Juventus – Inter Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 4, 2023.
League: ITALY: COPPA ITALIA – SEMI-FINALS
Match: 20:00 Juventus – Inter
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Juventus – Inter Predictions and Preview
- The third edition of the Derby d’Italia for 2022/23 will see Juventus and Inter Milan meet in the final stages of the Coppa Italia for a third consecutive season after Inter claimed two cups last term with victories over Juventus in the final. But after Juventus registered wins ‘to nil’ from the two Serie A (SA) H2Hs this season, the hosts may have the upper hand going into this two-leg tie.
- Juventus can still qualify for next season’s UEFA Champions League via multiple paths despite their 15-point SA penalty, a remarkable turnaround one month after manager Massimiliano Allegri was supposedly focused on avoiding relegation. He continues to play down those chances, stating angrily that his side “didn’t play very well” in a 1-0 weekend win over Verona – their 20th competitive win ‘to nil’ in 2022/23 – but five consecutive victories across all competitions leaves them well placed to grab a first leg advantage.
- Inter have opened the door for Juventus and fellow challengers to take the fourth position they held by just goal difference at the end of the weekend, as they followed up their 1-0 SA loss at home to Juventus before the international break by replicating that same result at home to Fiorentina at the weekend. It was the fourth of Inter’s last six competitive matches in which they failed to score (W1, D1, L4), which has imperilled their pursuit of a ninth Coppa Italia trophy.
- Any suspicions that Inter may wish to sacrifice this competition in pursuit of a second-place finish were quickly shot down by reports in a Milan newspaper stating that their next three matches would determine the future of manager Simone Inzaghi. But for those who hoped that moving away from San Siro would provide some welcome relief, a total of just one goal from their last four competitive away trips (D2, L2) doesn’t offer much hope.
- Players to watch: After his weekend goal, Moise Kean will be hoping to end a five-game career drought that has seen him neither score nor win against Inter (D1, L4). Romelu Lukaku has a similarly dreadful record against Juve (W1, D1, L6, one goal), but has won five of the six games in which he scored for club or country in all 2022/23 competitions (L1).
- Hot streak: Inter have not won any of the last six competitive H2Hs in which they started as outsiders (D1, L5).