Match Preview: Valladolid – Mallorca Predictions and Betting Tips 09.04.2023
Match Preview: Valladolid – Mallorca Predictions
Valladolid – Mallorca Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 9, 2023.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 28
Match: 13:00 Valladolid – Mallorca
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:3 WON!!!
Valladolid – Mallorca Predictions and Preview
- Few would have expected Real Valladolid to take points from either Athletic Bilbao or Real Madrid, and they didn’t, but the manner of the two losses (3-1, 6-0) was enough for owner Ronaldo to lose patience with outgoing manager Pacheta. To save their season he has turned to Uruguayan coach Paulo Pezzolano, who helped guide another one of Ronaldo’s clubs (Cruzeiro) to the Brazilian Serie B title in 2022 and gain promotion to Serie A.
- Pezzolano’s resignation from Cruzeiro a fortnight ago, in which he said he was not “100%” committed nor interested in staying in Brazil, suggests this move had been planned for quite some time. His first task is to get Valladolid’s defence back in working order, particularly as it was just about two months ago that they were able to string together three consecutive clean sheets with great reward (W2, D1).
- The reverse H2H was one of Valladolid’s 12 La Liga (LL) losses ‘to nil’, and Mallorca’s recent form suggests the visiting side can’t do much better than to replicate the 1-0 result. Mallorca’s mid-table position belies the precarious position they find themselves in after finishing the previous round with the league’s second-longest active winless period (D2, L3), including a slate of four snoozefests in which they neither scored nor conceded more than one goal.
- Failing to win their last three home games must be a particularly grave concern for manager Javier Aguirre, who now faces back-to-back away trips – as well as visits to Atlético Madrid and Barcelona later in the season. With their buffer from the relegation zone now just six points, Aguirre certainly won’t want to have to depend on away points to secure survival, especially after losing six consecutive LL away games, five of them without scoring.
- Players to watch: Valladolid’s Álvaro Aguado will be hoping to make another contribution off the bench since his last goal came in a win. For the visitors, one of the four goals Mallorca forward Abdón Prats has delivered in all competitions this season came in the reverse H2H.
- Hot stat: Valladolid have lost all but one of the 16 LL games this term in which they fell behind.