Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen – Royale Union SG Predictions and Betting Tips 13.04.2023
Match Preview: Bayer Leverkusen – Royale Union SG Predictions
Bayer Leverkusen – Royale Union SG Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 13, 2023.
League: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS
Match: 20:00 Bayer Leverkusen – Royale Union SG
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Bayer Leverkusen – Royale Union SG Predictions and Preview
- Whilst they continue charging towards the Bundesliga’s five UEFA group stage places like a champion racehorse, Bayer Leverkusen will now look to transfer that winning momentum into Europe as they bid to advance to the semi-finals of a UEFA tournament for the first time since 2001/02. Success seems to follow manager Xabi Alonso wherever he goes, and the man with more than 125 European appearances as a player has them approaching this first leg with a seven-game winning streak in all competitions following a pair of 2-0 wins over Ferencváros in the last-16 of the UEFA Europa League (UEL).
- Alonso will now hope that momentum can help Leverkusen overcome the psychological scars of three consecutive eliminations at the quarter-finals stage of the UEL/UEFA Cup, and they cannot take Belgian opposition for granted after failing to defeat Club Brugge on both occasions in this season’s Champions League (D1, L1). Whilst they have since dropped down into UEFA’s second-tier club competition, upcoming opponents Royale Union SG are challenging for the Belgian Pro League title and are 14 points ahead of Club Brugge!
- Further to that, Royale have already taken three positive results against a German club higher in the Bundesliga standings than Leverkusen. A 1-0 group stage win against Union Berlin and a 6-3 aggregate triumph over the same club in the last round got them deeper into a UEFA competition than ever before, which is especially impressive as they are now the only remaining side out of four UEL group stage debutants in this edition.
- Three wins from three group stage away trips propelled them to the top of Group D prior to that pair of three-goal hauls against Union Berlin in the Round of 16. That ensured the Belgian side have now scored 2+ goals in seven of their ten UEFA outings this season, so expect them to come out firing in an attempt to secure a first-leg advantage.
- Players to watch: After scoring in three of Leverkusen’s five consecutive Bundesliga wins, Sardar Azmoun will be hoping to convert that form into his first UEFA goal of the season. Maltese Royale midfielder Teddy Teuma has scored after half-time in two of their three league games since their last UEFA tie and has already been involved in five continental goals (G2, A3) this season.
- Hot stat: Leverkusen scored before half-time in all but one of their last 12 competitive wins.