Match Preview: Villarreal – Valladolid Predictions and Betting Tips 15.04.2023
Match Preview: Villarreal – Valladolid Predictions
Villarreal – Valladolid Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 15, 2023.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 29
Match: 13:00 Villarreal – Valladolid
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Villarreal – Valladolid Predictions and Preview
- In a season-defining four-round period that pitted Villarreal up against four then-top eight opponents in a row, the Yellow Submarine have proven themselves capable of a return to the UEFA Champions League by ending that unbeaten spate of games with a 3-2 come-from-behind win at second-placed Real Madrid. Whilst the top four is not within reach for at least another week, Villarreal have now been rewarded with nine consecutive La Liga (LL) games against clubs currently beneath them in the standings.
- After completing their first H2H LL ‘double’ over Real Madrid in their history, Villarreal manager Quique Setien boasted that his plans are coming together and that the team has found some important “rhythm” that has delivered them their six-game LL unbeaten run (W5, D1). With no midweek football to distract them, Villarreal can focus exclusively on extending a similarly long H2H streak against upcoming opponents Real Valladolid (W4, D1 from the last five meetings).
- Despite recording three goals in a LL fixture for the first time in nearly six months, Valladolid’s winless run in league football stretched out to four games (D2, L2) with a draw against mid-table Mallorca on Paulo Pezzolano’s debut as Valladolid manager. Pezzolano praised the “rebelliousness” of his players who took the lead in each half only for the hard work to be undone by some “bad luck” in stoppage time when a Cyle Larin handball resulted in a penalty goal.
- Owing to the three clubs below them in the standings all losing last round, Valladolid nonetheless inched one point further away from the danger zone. The next challenge for the new boss is to collect their first LL away triumph since early February (1-0 at Real Sociedad) which, coincidentally, remains their only LL points collected away from home against any club ranked 12th or higher (W1, L9).
- Players to watch: Samuel Chukwueze remains in excellent touch with goals in four of Villarreal’s last seven LL games, whilst grabbing the first goal for his team in his last three scoring appearances. Prior to his match opener last round, Kike Pérez’s four prior goal contributions in all competitions were away from home.
- Hot stat: Villarreal have conceded exactly one goal in six of their last eight LL home matches.