Match Preview: Bayern Munich – Manchester City Predictions and Betting Tips 19.04.2023
Match Preview: Bayern Munich – Manchester City Predictions
Bayern Munich – Manchester City Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 19, 2023.
League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS
Match: 20:00 Bayern Munich – Manchester City
Tip: BTS – Yes
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Bayern Munich – Manchester City Predictions and Preview
- After a 1-1 draw against Hoffenheim at the weekend saw them miss the chance to stretch their Bundesliga lead, a month of unrest at Bayern Munich looks set to get even worse, with elimination from the UEFA Champions League (UCL) looking highly likely after a thumping 3-0 defeat to Manchester City in the first leg of this quarter-final tie. In spite of such a deficit, boss Thomas Tuchel maintained his side “won’t give up” as they look to become just the fifth side to progress from a UCL knockout tie after losing the first leg by a 3+ goal margin.
- No German side has ever achieved that feat, and Bayern now look to avoid losing both legs of a UCL knockout tie for just the third time in their history, with the previous two instances coming against Real Madrid. The omens don’t look great in avoiding that feat considering Bayern have scored more than once in just one of their last six games, while Tuchel has lost each of his last three personal meetings with City boss Pep Guardiola without his side scoring a single goal.
- Manchester City travel to Germany on the back of a ten-match winning run in all competitions, last tasting defeat back in early February (W12, D2 since). A first-ever UCL title for the club is now firmly in Guardiola’s sights, while he sits just one win short of 100 in this competition, a landmark only Carlo Ancelotti and Sir Alex Ferguson have reached prior to the Spaniard.
- With just one defeat from their 20 meetings with German opposition in the UCL (W16, D3), that landmark appears within touching distance for Guardiola. It likely won’t be plain sailing though, as the fact the Cityzens have won just one of their last six European road trips (D4, L1) muddies the waters somewhat and perhaps sows a seed of doubt in a squad that has so far failed to deliver a coveted maiden UCL trophy.
- Players to watch: If scoring goals against Man City is what Tuchel is looking for, it may be time to take Sadio Mané off the naughty step and bring him back into his team as he’s netted ten times against City over his career, only scoring more against Crystal Palace (13). City hitman Erling Haaland is on the verge of a slice of history, needing one more UCL goal to equal Ruud van Nistelrooy’s 12 strikes in 2002/03 – the most in a single campaign by a Premier League player.
- Hot stat: Bayern Munich haven’t lost consecutive UCL matches over 90 minutes since 2014!