Match Preview: AS Roma – Feyenoord Predictions and Betting Tips 20.04.2023
Match Preview: AS Roma – Feyenoord Predictions
AS Roma – Feyenoord Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 20, 2023.
League: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS
Match: 20:00 AS Roma – Feyenoord
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
AS Roma – Feyenoord Predictions and Preview
- A 3-0 win over Udinese at the weekend has edged Roma ever closer to Europe’s top-tier competition next season and served as a perfect confidence booster after losing the first leg of this UEFA Europa League (UEL) quarter final tie 1-0. Overcoming a deficit certainly isn’t beyond José Mourinho’s men, who lost 1-0 away to Salzburg before posting a 2-0 home win earlier in the competition.
- Returning to the Stadio Olimpico should provide a boost for Roma after their incredible run of seven victories without reply across their last eight competitive games here in the capital. However, the Giallorossi’s eight-game unbeaten run against Dutch opponents ended in the first leg (W4, D4, L1) and each of the home games in that sequence ended level.
- Eredivisie league leaders Feyenoord took another step towards ending their five-year wait for a domestic league title with a resounding 3-0 win at Cambuur. Another gruelling away trip awaits them as they travel to Italy, though the UEL top-scorers (G22) will be boosted by the news of the likely absence of Roma’s prolific duo of Paulo Dybala and Tammy Abraham.
- Further boosting confidence will be Feyenoord’s incredibly strong travelling form that has seen them lose only once in competitive away games since the beginning of October 2022 (W9, D5, L1). Even so, the European results during that sequence don’t make good reading (D2, L1) as the Rotterdam outfit now seek to end a rotten 14-game winless run of UEL proper winless away games (D6, L8)!
- Players to watch: Roma’s born Rotterdammer Georginio Wijnaldum faces his hometown club for the tenth time here and whilst he’s made just two goal contributions against his former side, he’s never played out a stalemate against them (W4, L5). Oussama Idrissi could prove to be the catalyst for Feyenoord after assisting in each of his last three games; he’s also scored three and created as many in this season’s UEL.
- Hot stat: Roma have progressed from every one of their five European knockout ties against Dutch opponents.