Match Preview: Reims – Strasbourg Predictions and Betting Tips 23.04.2023
Match Preview: Reims – Strasbourg Predictions
Reims – Strasbourg Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 23, 2023.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 32
Match: 12:00 Reims – Strasbourg
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Reims – Strasbourg Predictions and Preview
- Will Still’s tenure as Reims boss has been one of the Ligue 1’s success stories of the season, although his influence looks to be abating at the wrong time for the Red and Whites. Reims had enjoyed a remarkable run of no league defeats from September to mid-March, but have since won just one of their last four Ligue 1 matches (D1, L2). Their most recent outing was especially damaging to their European hopes as it came away to sixth-placed Rennes (L 3-0).
- That result left them in eighth at the end of the previous round, six points behind those crucial top six places, but Reims will now aim to get back on track here against an opponent that’s been a welcome guest to the Stade Auguste Delaune over the years. The hosts are unbeaten from 16 home league games against Strasbourg (W10, D6), but despite that dominant record, those H2Hs have usually been tight affairs; each of the last six at home across all competitions produced three or fewer total goals.
- Visiting Strasbourg head to Reims inside the bottom four, but surely on a high after securing what could prove a crucial three points in their last game at home to fellow strugglers Ajaccio (3-1). They are now just two points from safety and could climb out of the danger zone with a win if other results go their way this weekend.
- Strasbourg rarely spring any surprises as underdogs on the road which is highlighted by the fact they’ve lost all but two (W1, D1, L5) of their away games against Ligue 1 teams starting this round eighth or higher alongside Reims. Their inability to shut teams out also remains an ongoing issue; they’re without a clean sheet in 16 league matches – only Troyes are on a longer active run.
- Players to watch: Reims’ Folarin Balogun has scored six goals across his last six home games, and each of the last two were his side’s only goal of the game. January recruit Yuito Suzuki came off the bench to make his first Ligue 1 appearance and bag Strasbourg’s third last Sunday, handing him a 100% record in the competition so far.
- Hot stat: Suzuki added to a record that has seen three of Strasbourg’s last four Ligue 1 goals scored by substitutes.