Match Preview: Everton – Newcastle Predictions and Betting Tips 27.04.2023
Match Preview: Everton – Newcastle Predictions
Everton – Newcastle Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 27, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 33
Match: 19:45 Everton – Newcastle
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:4 WON!!!
Everton – Newcastle Predictions and Preview
- Despite being reduced to ten men late in the game, a determined Everton halted an in-form Crystal Palace with a 0-0 draw at Selhurst Park on Saturday, extending their record to just two defeats in seven Premier League (PL) outings. Even still, a hefty four draws within that run contributed to the Toffees slipping back into the relegation zone by virtue of goal difference heading into this midweek round.
- Manager Sean Dyche labelled Saturday’s result as a “point earned” and he’ll know just how important it will be to follow that up with a win here, but to do so they’ll have to overcome the psychological hurdle of just one win from the last six PL H2Hs with Newcastle United. That one win did come in this fixture last season and sparked a crucial streak of four undefeated home PL games (W3, D1) during the run-in which ultimately helped the Blues avoid the drop, a feat Dyche will certainly be eager to repeat.
- It’s fair to say Newcastle are a different animal this season as they showed emphatically at the weekend when they scored a remarkable five goals in 21 minutes en route to humiliating fellow top-four contenders Tottenham 6-1. Only Manchester City have scored five PL goals earlier in a game (vs Watford, 2019) and overall, the Toon Army have now netted a total of 54 league goals, their most since 2002/03 (also 54) which was a season they went onto finish third.
- With a yawning gap to fifth place, Newcastle fans are rightfully dreaming of famous Champions League nights back at St James’ Park and another win here would take them one step closer to that goal. However, Goodison Park hasn’t actually been a happy hunting ground for Magpies, who have won only one of their last ten visits (D3, L6) – a run that includes last season’s defeat here which also ominously fell on a Thursday night!
- Players to watch: After ten games out, Dominic Calvert-Lewin returned to Everton’s starting XI at Selhurst Park and he’s registered six goal contributions (G5, A1) across his last seven matches against Newcastle. Callum Wilson was on the goal trail at the weekend and the Newcastle man also loves this fixture, netting six goals in his last five PL H2H games.
- Hot stat: Dyche has won six of his nine PL meetings with Newcastle’s Eddie Howe (L3), his most wins against any manager in the competition.