Match Preview: Spezia – Monza Predictions and Betting Tips 28.04.2023
Match Preview: Spezia – Monza Predictions
Spezia – Monza Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 28, 2023.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 32
Match: 19:45 Spezia – Monza
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Spezia – Monza Predictions and Preview
- A fierce 1-1 Ligurian derby draw against Sampdoria kept Spezia one point ahead of the Serie A (SA) relegation zone ahead of this round. However, only one win across the last 13 league matches (D6, L6) has left the Aquilotti nervously looking over their shoulders as they are in a desperate need of points to stave off the drop.
- Spezia haven’t been intimidating hosts so far this term, with only three league victories at Stadio Alberto Picco (D8, L5), but they’re yet to lose here against fellow bottom-half sides at least (W2, D5). A joint-league high of eight home stalemates overall has helped their cause, but another failure to win could see the Ligurian side end this round in the relegation zone.
- Monza are travelling on a high after beating Inter Milan and Fiorentina in their last two outings, and another victory here could see Raffaelle Palladino’s men break into the top-half. Monza’s young coach was the architect of the incredible turnaround in the last round when his side went 2-0 down in the opening 13 minutes, but still earned three points against the Viola in one of their most impressive successes of the season.
- Only one defeat across their last seven matches (W3, D3), including a three-game unbeaten run on the road (W1, D2), makes Monza slight favourites here. However, the visitors need to avoid a similar scenario to last weekend as they’re still winless in all nine away league matches to see them concede first (D3, L6), whilst they won five of six such outings when opening the scoring!
- Players to watch: Daniele Verde saved a crucial point for Spezia after the break last weekend, but three of his last four goals came in the opening 40 minutes. Monza-born Matteo Pessina scored the winner last week against Fiorentina from the penalty spot, with his last three league goals all second-half penalties.
- Hot stat: Monza are yet to lose against a current bottom-five SA side this term (W4, D4).