Match Preview: Bristol City – Burnley Predictions and Betting Tips 29.04.2023
Match Preview: Bristol City – Burnley Predictions
Bristol City – Burnley Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 29, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 45
Match: 15:00 Bristol City – Burnley
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Bristol City – Burnley Predictions and Preview
- With just two Championship games remaining, Bristol City are merely beginning their preparations for next season as they find themselves stuck in mid-table. The Robins showed they haven’t downed tools just yet with a 2-1 victory against Rotherham last time out, a result that extended their unbeaten home league run to an impressive nine matches (W5, D4).
- Such a hot streak leaves Bristol City as the only Championship side with an unbeaten home league record in 2023, but that now faces its sternest test with the visit of the Champions, Burnley. As if Burnley’s current position wasn’t daunting enough, Bristol City can’t lean on any historical omens either having lost the last five league H2Hs, conceding a whopping average of three goals in the process.
- Burnley come into this clash on the ultimate high after securing the title at the home of their bitter rivals in midweek, conquering Blackburn Rovers 1-0 at Ewood Park to rubber stamp their ‘Champions’ status. It’s long seemed just a matter of time before Burnley were handed the crown, but it probably didn’t seem that way back in September when the Clarets won the reverse fixture 2-1, a game which they actually went into level on points with Bristol City!
- Such has been the form of this Burnley side, that 39 points now separate these two teams and much of that is due to some phenomenal away form. Boss Vincent Kompany has masterminded a 12-match unbeaten away league run (W8, D4) and will be keen to extend that here, which would in turn see Burnley avoid the plight of losing successive Saturday-held Championship games for the first time since 2012, after last weekend’s shock 2-1 defeat to QPR.
- Players to watch: Formerly of Burnley, Nahki Wells netted for Bristol City in the reverse fixture and has seen four of his six home league goals this term open the scoring. Burnley’s last three goals have been scored by Manuel Benson, all of which arrived after the hour mark.
- Hot stat: Five of the last six H2Hs held at Bristol City saw both teams score.