Match Preview: Cadiz CF – Valencia Predictions and Betting Tips 30.04.2023
Match Preview: Cadiz CF – Valencia Predictions
Cadiz CF – Valencia Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 30, 2023.
League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 32
Match: 13:00 Cadiz CF – Valencia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Cadiz CF – Valencia Predictions and Preview
- Whilst many relegation prospects such as Sevilla, Valladolid and Almería have worked their way up the La Liga (LL) standings with a couple of victories each in April, Cádiz languished. Three consecutive home losses ‘to nil’ have them teetering on the edge of the relegation zone, making this contest with direct relegation rivals Valencia crucial.
- Had they secured wins instead of draws against Espanyol (0-0), Almería (1-1) and Getafe (2-2) in recent weeks, Cádiz could probably already be safely planning for the next LL season. But those results are indicative of a long-term issue that could again cause trouble for the hosts, who had not won a LL home fixture against any club ranked 12th or lower after Wednesday’s matchday – and Valencia are one of three they still have to play!
- Exactly 21 years to the day after they came from behind to defeat Espanyol 2-1 in the third-last game of their title-winning season in 2001/02, Valencia replicated that same result against Valladolid to take another important step forward towards avoiding relegation. Crucial wins against Valladolid and Elche (2-0) are helping them correct a poor record against bottom-half opposition and they’ll hope to continue doing so having started this round just two points above the danger zone.
- Cádiz are one of the three other clubs 15th or lower heading into this round that Valencia have lost to this LL season though (W2, D3, L3), and there’ll be no “magic of the Mestalla” for new manager Rubén Baraja to be inspired by this weekend. Prior to conquering hapless Elche (2-0) in their last LL away start, Valencia had lost eight consecutive LL away trips, so there’s no shortage of work left to do.
- Players to watch: After delivering an assist for namesake Rubén Alcaraz in the reverse H2H, Rubén Sobrino will be hoping to add to his tally of three career goals for any club against Valencia – then again perhaps not, given he was on the losing side on all three occasions! Mouctar Diakhaby, who scored Valencia’s first goal during the week, also found the net in their only other LL away win (2-1 at Osasuna) of this season.
- Hot stat: All but one of the last nine competitive H2Hs saw the half-time result replicated at the full-time.