Match Preview: Liverpool – Fulham Predictions and Betting Tips 03.05.2023
Match Preview: Liverpool – Fulham Predictions
Liverpool – Fulham Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for May 3, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 28
Match: 20:00 Liverpool – Fulham
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Liverpool – Fulham Predictions and Preview
- Just a few weeks ago the prospect of Liverpool not featuring in European competition next season was a genuine reality, but a remarkable turnaround has seen them win four Premier League (PL) matches on the bounce to quash those fears. The latest of which was their dramatic 4-3 win over Tottenham Hotspur, where despite going 3-0 up after just 15 minutes, the Reds required substitute Diogo Jota to net a 94th-minute winner to secure all three points.
- The match seemed to take a psychological toll on manager Jürgen Klopp, who should be revelling in the fact that Jota’s winner was the sixth time one of his substitutes has scored a 90+ minute winner in the PL, the joint-most of any manager. Instead, Klopp got booked after celebrating the goal in the face of the fourth official before seemingly pulling his hamstring, too! He also made accusatory remarks about referee Paul Tierney after the game, landing himself in hot water with the FA.
- Visitors Fulham will aim to capitalise on their hosts’ potential emotional fatigue, as they aim to snap a two-game losing run and extend their recent unbeaten run against Liverpool to four matches (W1, D2). Marco Silva’s men showed their fighting spirit despite going down 2-1 to title-chasing Manchester City last time out, although that was the seventh time in eight matches they’ve lost to a team starting the day above them in the standings (W1).
- That will be something they look to overcome when travelling to Anfield, with the Cottagers currently tenth in the PL table. The odds will be stacked against them, however, having lost four of their last five away assignments (W1).
- Players to watch: Trent Alexander-Arnold has assisted a goal in each of Liverpool’s last five matches (A6), and could become just the third player to ever do so in six successive PL matches. He’ll also find himself defending against former Red Harry Wilson, who has scored nine of his last 12 goals for Fulham away from home – including one on Merseyside against neighbours Everton three weeks ago.
- Hot stat: Liverpool have scored a PL-high 220 goals in Wednesday fixtures while winning their last eight matches on this day.