Match Preview: Huddersfield – Sheffield Utd Predictions and Betting Tips 04.05.2023
Match Preview: Huddersfield – Sheffield Utd Predictions
Huddersfield – Sheffield Utd Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for May 4, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 44
Match: 19:45 Huddersfield – Sheffield Utd
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Huddersfield – Sheffield Utd Predictions and Preview
- It’s crunch time for Huddersfield who can secure their safety with at least a point against Sheffield United, or else set up a direct shootout for survival on the final day against Reading with defeat. Seventy-four-year-old boss Neil Warnock – who formerly managed Sheffield United – has rolled back the years since coming out of retirement to transform the Yorkshire outfit into a solid side (W5, D4, L4).
- The experienced Warnock said that he “always thought it would go down to the last day” but he’s now aiming to secure survival in what is 1617th – and possibly penultimate – game in club management! The omens are strong for Huddersfield to do just that as they’ve put together an impressive four-game unbeaten run at home (W1, D3), the last two of which came against sides still in the promotion shakeup on the final day.
- No matter what Sheffield United do now, their promotion via a second-placed finish is set in stone. In any case, Paul Heckingbottom’s men can’t be accused of being on the proverbial beach as they brutally ended Preston’s play-off dream with a 4-1 victory in the game following their own promotion confirmation, so the Blades are looking sharp as ever.
- Heckingbottom praised the “mentality” of his side for winning despite celebrating into the early hours after being promoted. Back-to-back trips to the North West have seen Heckingbottom’s men notch a run of over three hours of away play without scoring, so ending their away campaign right here in the White Rose County could stimulate a resurgence.
- Players to watch: Jack Rudoni has been one of Huddersfield’s most consistent performers across the last five rounds (G2, A1), scoring twice before half-time in the process. As for United, Iliman Ndiaye can help his side to a first winning league H2H double since 1960/61 if he can build on his assist in the reverse and four goal contributions across the previous four Championship rounds (G2, A2).
- Hot stat: Sheffield United have won all four of their away league games against bottom-five opponents via a single-goal margin.