Match Preview: Salernitana – Atalanta Predictions and Betting Tips 13.05.2023
Match Preview: Salernitana – Atalanta Predictions
Salernitana – Atalanta Predictions & Tips For Today. William Hill Predictions for May 13, 2023.
League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 35
Match: 20:00 Lens – Reims
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Bookmaker: William Hill
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Salernitana – Atalanta Predictions and Preview
- Salernitana’s longest unbeaten Serie A (SA) streak of ten games came unstuck in a 2-1 loss to Empoli on Monday, although they still remain eight points above the relegation zone at this late stage. Coach Paulo Sousa indicated that they’ll “have to keep fighting to get to the finish line” as three of their remaining four matches are against current top-ten clubs, starting with this match against sixth-placed Atalanta.
- The Granata suffered their joint-heaviest top-flight defeat in the reverse fixture (L8-2), so revenge could be the buzz word at Stadio Arechi this weekend. A five-game unbeaten run (W2, D3) at this venue boosts such hopes, but having avoided defeat just once on home soil against the other clubs in the top-six (D1, L4), Salernitana face an uphill battle here.
- Atalanta will be looking to get back on the winning trail, as a run of three consecutive victories was halted by a 2-0 loss against Juventus on Sunday. La Dea sit five points adrift of the UEFA Champions League qualification places, with boss Gian Piero Gasperini having ‘regrets’ over the Juve defeat that leaves them entrenched in a battle to keep hold of their place inside the top-six.
- They could face a double-edged sword in their next two outings that see them face off against sides in the relegation battle, with both Salernitana and Hellas Verona desperate for points to stay in the top-flight. Gasperini’s men can take confidence from the return fixture which saw them score eight goals for the first time in their top-flight history, while they’ll also be looking to extend a three-game unbeaten run on the road (W2, D1).
- Players to watch: Krzysztof Piątek scored Salernitana’s only goal against Empoli, breaking his league duck that started in November. The reverse meeting saw Atalanta’s Teun Koopmeiners dominating proceedings – scoring, assisting, getting booked and missing a penalty all in the first half!
- Hot stat: A joint-league low six match openers were netted during the first 15 minutes of play in Atalanta’s games this campaign.