Match Preview: Clermont – Lyon Predictions and Betting Tips 14.05.2023
Match Preview: Clermont – Lyon Predictions
Clermont – Lyon Predictions & Tips For Today. William Hill Predictions for May 14, 2023.
League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 35
Match: 20:00 Lens – Reims
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Bookmaker: William Hill
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Clermont – Lyon Predictions and Preview
- History is within Clermont’s grasp as they enter the home straight of the 2022/23 season targeting a place in the top half of Ligue 1 for the first time in their history. The Lancers made it six games without defeat by drawing 1-1 with Auxerre last weekend (W5), meaning they finished matchday 34 in 11th, just one point behind 8th-placed Nice in a congested mid-table.
- It has been an impressive campaign for Pascal Gastien’s side, so much so that the manager recently put pen to paper on a new deal. He will now be hoping his side can extend their good form by racking up a fourth successive home win, something they haven’t achieved across a single season since February 2021.
- Attempting to stop Clermont in their tracks are visitors Lyon, who are looking to improve on a poor record of just one win from the previous four H2Hs (D1, L2). But the visitors will head to Stade Gabriel-Montpied full of confidence after coming from 4-1 down to defeat Montpellier 5-4 last time out, with Alexandre Lacazette remarkably netting the winner in the tenth minute of second-half injury-time!
- That was the fifth victory in their last six league matches (L1), meaning Laurent Blanc’s side have climbed up towards the European qualification places and they start the round just three points behind fifth. Even so, reports in France suggest the manager is under pressure, with owner John Textor reportedly looking to replace the Frenchman at the end of the campaign, especially if they fail to qualify for Europe for the second season running.
- Players to watch: Clermont striker Saif-Eddine Khaoui is looking to break his duck against Lyon, whom he has faced 12 times without ever scoring, while also suffering a career joint-high seven defeats (W2, D3). Hoping to continue his red-hot form will be Lacazette, who has netted a whopping 14 goals in his last 13 games, nine of which were the first or last of the match.
- Hot stat: Lyon are one of only two teams in Ligue 1 yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of their away league games this season.