Match Preview: Newcastle – Leicester Predictions and Betting Tips 22.05.2023
Match Preview: Newcastle – Leicester Predictions
Newcastle – Leicester Predictions & Tips For Today. William Hill Predictions for May 22, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 37
Match: 20:00 Newcastle – Leicester
Tip: Home Win
Bookmaker: William Hill
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Newcastle – Leicester Predictions and Preview
- After dispatching Brighton 4-1 on Thursday to bring European football back to St James’ Park, following more than a decade of longing, Newcastle United are just one further point from sealing their first UEFA Champions League campaign in two decades. In the aftermath of that success against the Seagulls, Eddie Howe praised his side’s ability to enact a game plan built on “high intensity”, having seen his charges net multiple goals for the fifth time in six outings.
- While the lack of a Newcastle clean sheet in that time provides a minor argument against a home win, the reverse fixture (W 3-0) was another example of the Magpies’ destructive potential. Memorably, they were 2-0 up by the ten-minute mark in that Boxing Day TKO, and after also knocking Leicester City out of the Carabao Cup just weeks later, the Tyneside outfit clearly have a great chance of their first league double over the Foxes since 1994/95.
- Just seven years after becoming the unlikeliest English champions of all time, Leicester’s Premier League status is hanging by a thread. They are winless in four (D2, L2) after painfully leaking ten goals so far in May, with both defeats seeing them trail to-nil at half-time by a multi-goal margin and permit at least one opposition player to net a brace.
- Leicester’s current seven-game winless run on the road (D2, L5) only compounds the feeling that they face a mountainous task to stay up, even with the Foxes netting in their five most recent tests on hostile turf. And as if that wasn’t enough, Leicester boss Dean Smith also has a 60% loss rate against his touchline counterpart Eddie Howe (W1, D1, L3)!
- Players to watch: Including the reverse fixture, Newcastle have won by 3+ goals in all of Joelinton’s five prior goalscoring PL games this term! Meanwhile, if anyone can help Leicester evade doom, it’s surely Harvey Barnes – he scored a second-half brace in their preceding road trip, meaning that his last five away goals have arrived after half-time.
- Hot stat: Leicester’s PL trips have seen an away league-high 14 goals (either way) inside the opening quarter-hour.