Match Preview: Coventry – Luton Predictions and Betting Tips 27.05.2023
Match Preview: Coventry – Luton Predictions
Coventry – Luton Predictions & Tips For Today. William Hill Predictions for May 27, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – PLAY OFFS – FINAL
Match: 16:45 Coventry – Luton
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Bookmaker: William Hill
Match Result: PENDING
Coventry – Luton Predictions and Preview
- The stage is set at Wembley Stadium for what is often billed as “the richest game in football”, with Luton Town and Coventry City set to fight for a place in the Premier League in this Championship play-off final. Both sides dug a stake into the hearts of many North East football fans by defeating Sunderland and Middlesbrough in the semi-finals and are now just one step from riches and glory.
- Rob Edwards’ Luton Town have history against them in their pursuit of becoming the first Bedfordshire-based Premier League side just nine years after their promotion from the fifth tier! That’s because teams that have finished third in the Championship have failed to win five of the last eight play-off finals they have contested, yet the spirit shown in Luton’s comeback win over Sunderland (3-2 agg.) along with a nine-game unbeaten run of H2Hs (W4, D5) should give them confidence of improving that record.
- Despite the positives, Luton have often choked on the biggest stage with five defeats across their seven Wembley appearances, and that’s not to mention their 100% losing record from two previous play-off finals in the National League. On the other hand, Coventry enter this with a much stronger Wembley win-rate (W3, L1) and with an unbeaten EFL play-off record in tow (W3, D2), the Sky Blues may feel it is their time to shine.
- Coventry boss Mark Robins has labelled this game “one for the romantics” with the two combatants sharing a place in League Two just five years ago. Any lingering romanticism will evaporate when the whistle blows as Robins looks to cement his place in Coventry folklore by building on a run of just one defeat across their last 19 games (W9, D9, L1) – a run which began with a 1-1 draw against none other than Luton!
- Players to watch: On a day for heroes, Luton may need their highest scorer in a competitive season in 30 years, Carlton Morris (G20), to step up with one last effort. Trying to better him will be Viktor Gyökeres. Coventry’s super Swede has contributed to more Championship goals than any other player this season after setting up the winner against Boro (G21, A11).
- Hot stat: Luton have lost 12 of their last 15 competitive games played in London (W2, D1, L12), conceding 3.33 goals per match across the defeats!
Match Preview: Ankaragucu - Galatasaray Predictions and Betting Tips 30.05.2023
Match Preview: AEL Limassol - Doxa Predictions and Betting Tips 29.05.2023
Match Preview: Feyenoord - Vitesse Predictions and Betting Tips 28.05.2023
Match Preview: Rio Ave - Famalicao Predictions and Betting Tips 26.05.2023