Match Preview: Wigan – Blackburn Predictions and Betting Tips 11.10.2022
Match Preview: Wigan – Blackburn Predictions
Wigan – Blackburn Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for October 11, 2022.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 9
Match: 19:45 Wigan – Blackburn
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Wigan – Blackburn Predictions and PREVIEW
- Leam Richardson is urging his Wigan players to “learn” after they extended their winless run at the DW Stadium to eight matches (D4, L4). Even an emotional goal from Charlie Wyke, his first since suffering a heart attack last November, could not save the Latics from slipping to a 3-1 defeat to Cardiff on Saturday, in a result which also marked their second successive loss on home soil.
- Indeed, with just three home points picked up so far, Wigan have the joint worst home record in the Championship, a stark contrast to their four wins from their last five away league games (L1). A lot of their concerns appear to stem from defensive issues, with their tally of ten home goals conceded only eclipsed by Hull, so their young English manager will want his side to fix their form quickly to stem a recent tumble down the Championship standings.
- Perhaps the visit of Blackburn will give Wigan a much needed boost, given their Lancashire rivals have not won in a dozen visits to the DW Stadium since 2007 (D4, L8). Extending that run will be no easy task though, given Rovers are on the cusp of the play-off places after beating Rotherham 3-0 on Saturday.
- Jon Dahl Tomasson’s side have struggled for consistency however, displayed by a seven-game run of alternating Championship results (W4, L3). They have not won back-to-back games since August, largely down to a dreadful run on the road that has seen them net just once in their last five away league fixtures (W1, L4), while none of their Championship away games this campaign have witnessed both sides score, so we might be in for a cagey encounter here.
- Players to watch: Wigan’s top marksman Will Keane has five goals this season, but has lost each of his five league appearances against Blackburn, failing to score on each occasion. Meanwhile, Rovers frontman Ben Brereton Díaz has netted seven times in 13 league appearances in 2022/23, but has never scored against or beaten the Latics (D1, L3).
- Hot streak: Blackburn are one of only two teams in the EFL yet to draw a single league game this season.