Match Preview: Cardiff – Sunderland Predictions and Betting Tips 10.04.2023
Match Preview: Cardiff – Sunderland Predictions
Cardiff – Sunderland Predictions & Tips For Today. 1xBet Tips for April 10, 2023.
League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 41
Match: 15:00 Cardiff – Sunderland
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Cardiff – Sunderland Predictions and Preview
- Cardiff City delivered the perfect riposte to last weekend’s derby defeat to Swansea by beating Blackpool 3-1 on Good Friday to boost their chances of staying in the Championship. It’s tight at the bottom so that victory against another struggling side, which leaves them one point above the relegation zone, was vitally important, and according to manager Sabri Lamouchi, “a massive result”.
- The Bluebirds return to home soil having only lost one of their last four league games here (W2, D1), and have happy memories of facing Sunderland in the Welsh capital as they hammered them 4-0 in the last H2H they hosted, back in January 2018. If they’re to win again, they could use a repeat of their early strike against Blackpool, as they haven’t netted before the half-hour mark in any of their last four home fixtures.
- Sunderland’s play-off hopes continue to recede after three consecutive league draws, the latest of which was a 4-4 barnstormer against Hull on Friday. That entertaining affair included three goals in four first-half minutes and finished with Hull scoring a 98th-minute equaliser with the last kick of the match from the penalty spot!
- “There’s lots to be pleased about and work on,” was manager Tony Mowbray’s assessment, and he’ll hope they can extend a two-match unbeaten run in league away action (W1, D1) here. Starting the round six points shy of the top-six means the Black Cats might as well go on the offensive in a bid to reach the play-offs with a late charge up the table.
- Players to watch: Connor Wickham responded to off-field controversy by netting his first goal for Cardiff against Blackpool. Both of his career strikes against former club Sunderland came between the 60th and 80th minute, while another man to watch late on is Amad Diallo, who has scored penalties after the 70th minute in two of Sunderland’s last three fixtures.
- Hot stat: Cardiff’s Championship fixtures have produced a league-low average of two goals per game this term.